• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia cup qualifiers 2022

cnerd123

likes this
omg that's two catches in the over that the fielder's didn't go for. urgh

Ateeq Iqbal only bowling the 1 over, definitely underused today.

Gonna be Haroon - Ehsan - Haroon I think

cnerd123

likes this
dot ball from Haroon, good slower one

next ball dot again, Uchil doesn't take the run! Mahboob sends him back rather

14 in 4 ****

cnerd123

likes this
absolutely bizarre by Mahbood. Absolutely no faith in himself, not even token efforts to run 2.

anticlimatic end. Good win. ****ing played well below bar but enough to get past this lot. Spinners won this for us. Haroon and Kinchit had decent games too.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Shaheen Afridi out of the Asia Cup. Chandimal is back in SL squad for Asia Cup.
I reckon a Ind v SL final is on the cards this time.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Oman not being there among qualifiers is such a poor decision. A proper qualifier tournament would have been awesome. Throw in Nepal as well & that might have been a quality mini Asia cup of sorts.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
if Sri Lanka make the final with that sorry excuse of a squad it will be some feat
In T20 u only need couple of players to fire. SL have some mercurial players in their ranks. Their spin attack is literally one of the best in the Tourney with Hasranga & Theekshana. I'll say their batting has decent firepower more than likes of BD & Pak. With Shaheen out Pakistan has lost a edge with these teams.
I reckon SL & Pak are more or less even on the paper. SL are coming into decent form with ODI series win vs more or less a full strength Australia too.
It's gonna be a tight tournament overall.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Happyish Pakistan will go in a relatively important tournament without SSA will be good to see which one of Naseem, Rauf and Dahani can raise their hand up and deliver will put us in a good stead for the tourney in Aus later on.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Happyish Pakistan will go in a relatively important tournament without SSA will be good to see which one of Naseem, Rauf and Dahani can raise their hand up and deliver will put us in a good stead for the tourney in Aus later on.
Should they opt for a left armer? Mir Hamza's name is floating around. He is a 130-135 kph level trundler. But won't be a bad idea considering how Indians struggle against even half decent left armers.