• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia cup qualifiers 2022

cnerd123

likes this
what a brilliant tournament from Yasim. Has batted superbly as opener, great call to put him up there ultimately. Will be interesting to see if he continues on as opener in T20Is when the likes of Jamie, Adit, Shahid are all fit and back in the squad.

If we win this it will be a terrific end to an otherwise long, difficult and at times disappointing summer.

cnerd123

likes this
what a ****ing turn around after struggling to beat that **** Singapore team.

Let's go and take a big scalp back home with us now to end this summer!

Cnerd are you a bit emotional right now
buzzing. 3:30 AM here have no idea how i'll go to bed.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This whole thing has seen so many upsets. From Nepal and Oman being kicked out to this.

I’ll take comfort in the fact that HK found SG 2nd XI to be their toughest opponent.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This whole thing has seen so many upsets. From Nepal and Oman being kicked out to this.

I’ll take comfort in the fact that HK found SG 2nd XI to be their toughest opponent.
Yeah HK are probably only the the 9th best team in Asia and yet here they are. They don't even particularly seem on the improve - they just lost to Italy in a 50 over game ffs and Harry Manenti made a ton. I hope they do well in the Asia Cup anyway - may the upsets continue.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah HK are probably only the the 9th best team in Asia and yet here they are. They don't even particularly seem on the improve - they just lost to Italy in a 50 over game ffs and Harry Manenti made a ton. I hope they do well in the Asia Cup anyway - may the upsets continue.
Uganda scored 400 against them too.

cnerd123

likes this
They don't even particularly seem on the improve - they just lost to Italy in a 50 over game ffs and Harry Manenti made a ton.
This isn't quite fair. They just checked out mentally and were exhausted for the Italy and Uganda matches.

Remember this is a team that did not play any international cricket for over 2 years due to COVID, who have now suddenly been on the road playing non stop for over 2 months. First a pre tour in Namibia, then Challenge League B in Uganda (where they won 4/5 games), then prep tour in SA, then WT20 Qualifiers (where they were poor, but still beat Singapore and PNG), then another prep tour in Kent, and then that CL B third leg in Jersey. They were on top of the CL table till they lost to Jersey, and that's when the weels came off, and they lost to Italy and to Uganda (after conceding 397) within the next 3 days. By this point we had already lost players like Atkinson, Wasif, Adit and Pascoe to injury, while players like Haroon and Zeeshan were playing through the pain. Ehsan Khan got stretchered off the field in Uganda and even Nizakat had a few visits to the hospital. It's been a long hard summer and when the ODI WC dreams were dashed after losing to Jersey they seemed to just pack it in and go through the motions.

They've definitely improved as this tournament has gone on. They seem refreshed and can see light at the end of the tunnel. The opportunity to play India and Pakistan has fuelled them, and within a couple of weeks they'll finally be back home with their families having a well earned break.

9th best team in Asia is probably fair, tho we have a very good record vs Nepal. We had never beaten UAE in a T20I till last night, fantastic time to break that streak.

Socerer 01

International Captain
All this proves is that more associate sides need to play in the bigger tournaments so that they at least get more exposure and experience. It would do a world of good for world cricket but that sadly seems to be the last priority these days