• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia cup 2022

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pak have been really good but I also think they are extremely one dimensional. I almost feel not playing bilaterals against India is helping them, coz the Indians are just not that used to these bowlers while other sides probably are and we seem to struggle against them as almost everytime we face them as they are all a bit unorthodox in their own ways and while they are playable once you are used to them, its still hard when you play them like once in 2 years. I feel in all the micro and psycho analysis that goes on about India's performances against Pak in the last 8 years or so, this is one thing that will be forgotten. But to me, it is the one clear reason we struggle against this attack.
That's a good point actually. Our guys don't get to play them in the T20 leagues even, just crunch games at international tournaments, so it's no surprise they struggle.

Kirkut

International Regular
Naseem should get a scolding for that last over.

Sure it's an India vs Pak game, but not more important than your career. He could have torn his hamstring right there.

smash84

The Tiger King
I hope India realizes the folly of carrying all of Chahal Avesh Arshdeep and Bhuvi is not gonna help. I would definitely get in either Shardul or D Chahar somehow for Avesh. Its not just that they cant bat, each of them is an absolute liability on the field too. And we definitely took it easy after 128/9 and it almost bit us in the ass there. Hopefully they learn from these.

Pak have been really good but I also think they are extremely one dimensional. I almost feel not playing bilaterals against India is helping them, coz the Indians are just not that used to these bowlers while other sides probably are and we seem to struggle against them as almost everytime we face them as they are all a bit unorthodox in their own ways and while they are playable once you are used to them, its still hard when you play them like once in 2 years. I feel in all the micro and psycho analysis that goes on about India's performances against Pak in the last 8 years or so, this is one thing that will be forgotten. But to me, it is the one clear reason we struggle against this attack.
Great point this one. You would expect India to do much better but because of the lack of play against this side they seem to struggle more than they should.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If hardik was fit would india play him in Sena? Kohli's prefered mould was four seamers + Jaddu as the spinner, feel like the attack would be more complete with 3 seamers + hardik at 7 and ashwin, but not sure.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If hardik was fit would india play him in Sena? Kohli's prefered mould was four seamers + Jaddu as the spinner, feel like the attack would be more complete with 3 seamers + hardik at 7 and ashwin, but not sure.
He should 100% be playing as soon as he proves match fitness (probably there already).

His recovery story is a really good template imo - really took his time to recover properly and do tons of conditioning before he hit the park again. He had to outright refuse to bowl, pretty sure management was ready to use him again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The bit about us struggling against Dahani or Naseem because we don’t play them regularly is interesting until you realise that the same should be applicable to those blokes who don’t play us regularly either
Our bowlers are far more orthodox. And they were struggling to pick Chahal quite a bit inspite of that.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I hope so because I could look at that cute face for 5 days
I'm allergic to Gujjus because there's more fakery about them than most (ban me!), but Pandya's very good and seems to have got over his Pollard fanboy phase..

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He should 100% be playing as soon as he proves match fitness (probably there already).

His recovery story is a really good template imo - really took his time to recover properly and do tons of conditioning before he hit the park again. He had to outright refuse to bowl, pretty sure management was ready to use him again.
Quite the upgrade over flabby Thakur, may God bless him for his services to Indian cricket.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The bit about us struggling against Dahani or Naseem because we don’t play them regularly is interesting until you realise that the same should be applicable to those blokes who don’t play us regularly either
Well I'd say it does considering how most Indo-Pak games go these days. Let's not forget Indian batting is experiencing something of a nadir of late, so anything remotely exotic is bound to **** them up.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Our bowlers are far more orthodox. And they were struggling to pick Chahal quite a bit inspite of that.
Lol I was seeing Indians struggling against Shadab who outbowled Chahal yet again by some distance. I'd rather have Bishnoi playing over Chahal plus his fielding was below average.
Naseem is as Orthodox as they come. There was no left armer in Pak bowling too. Pakistan have lost only 1 t20 in UAE prior to this loss vs Aus in WC SF. So there's hardly any difference between two teams especially in UAE as far as T20 goes.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
This Pakistan team is really good & especially that Pace attack. I'd argue that Haris Rauf is weak link but one bowler usually goes for it in a T20 on a given day. Avesh is our weak link & to an extent no googly Chahal too.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yes strange post by HB this Pakistan attack is very orthodox there was no Shaeen who I would say you need getting used to as a tall left armer moving at pace is not something you encounter very often. Dahani, Naseem are your standard right arm pacers and Nawaz is also a common SLA that every Indian FC side would have in abundance. Shahdab is a leggie but hardly any mystery about him. The only one who is slightly unorthodox is Rauf but for a side that faces Bumrah in the nets day in day out should not find it difficult to pick him.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Few things I thought while watching the game -

1. Kohli's knock was beyond terrible, could have gotten out at least 8-9 times of the 30 or so balls he faced.
2. It was kinda weird to have Bhuvi claim there was no swing on offer during the innings break and then immediately see Naseem hooping it in his first over.
3. Pandya loves playing Pakistan, also he good.