• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes betting

simmy

International Regular
Betfair have England (Draw No Bet) for the next game at nearing 1.90.

I fail to see how this bet cannot be profitable. Hell I think 1.7 would be over generous.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Betfair have England (Draw No Bet) for the next game at nearing 1.90.

I fail to see how this bet cannot be profitable. Hell I think 1.7 would be over generous.
Is there any point to going draw-no-bet on it? When was the last draw at Perth?

simmy

International Regular
Is there any point to going draw-no-bet on it? When was the last draw at Perth?
It just takes a whole load of risk out.

Alternatively, you could back England at 2.8 or lay the draw at 3.15 (which from what you are saying is a good idea).

I just can't see Australia winning the game, so rather than laying it at 3.15 have opted for the more risk averse option of the draw no bet.

simmy

International Regular
If the betfair market is correct, they predict a draw in this game about 32% of the time...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Alternatively, you could back England at 2.8 or lay the draw at 3.15 (which from what you are saying is a good idea).

I just can't see Australia winning the game, so rather than laying it at 3.15 have opted for the more risk averse option of the draw no bet.
Haha, Uppercut knows why that option exists - he's just making the point that he doesn't think a draw is very likely because they're rare at Perth and that England 2.80 is the better bet.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Well, yeah, I agree that Australia seem pretty hopeless. But on top of that, the Perth curators have been churning out result wickets for as long as anyone can remember and I don't think it's likely that they're going to stop with Australia 1-0 down in an Ashes series where a draw does the home side no good. The expectation of a draw is surely well below 33% so IMO you're missing a healthy chunk of value by going draw-no-bet.

simmy

International Regular
Well, yeah, I agree that Australia seem pretty hopeless. But on top of that, the Perth curators have been churning out result wickets for as long as anyone can remember and I don't think it's likely that they're going to stop with Australia 1-0 down in an Ashes series where a draw does the home side no good. The expectation of a draw is surely well below 33% so IMO you're missing a healthy chunk of value by going draw-no-bet.
Cricket Records | W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth | Records | Test matches | Match results | ESPN Cricinfo

I see your point....

I do have a small position on the Draw no bet already... could lay that off for a small arb, but might just stick with it.

Planning on backing England at 3.0 before the game starts as the price still seems to be drifting... for some reason I am not privy to.

simmy

International Regular
Not really Ashes betting I guess but... Graeme Swann for BBC Sports Personality of the year... he is currently the third fav to win, now 10/1 having been 33/1 a week ago.

I have backed him to get a top 3 finish at 3.35 on Betfair... seems a good price given he is the third fav after all...

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Anderson < 92 fetches 1.83 in b365. What does that exactly mean? It is runs both innings combined? What if he doesn't bat at all? What if he bats in one and not in another? What if he remains not out in both innings but less than 92? Any help?

simmy

International Regular
Anderson < 92 fetches 1.83 in b365. What does that exactly mean? It is runs both innings combined? What if he doesn't bat at all? What if he bats in one and not in another? What if he remains not out in both innings but less than 92? Any help?
Its a player performance index.

Normally for every wicket he will get 20 points, every catch 10pts and every run = 1pt.

So if he gets 4 wkts in the match and say 15runs total... you will lose the bet.

simmy

International Regular
Have said it once and will say it again now... England at 2.9 at the start of the match is farcically generous.

The bookies have so got it wrong throughout the whole series.