• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

As an ODI opener : Ganguly or Anwar ... AND WHY?

AaronK

State Regular
just hard to pick to be honest..I have said this before.. when stats are this close and you can't pick which one to go with based on their records.. it all comes down to which player you enjoy watching.. so for me i would go with Saeed anwar just because i loved to see him bat...

I mean if i have to pick three batsmans who i loved to watch bat it has to be Lara, Tendulkar and Saeed anwar..

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ganguly's off-side play > Anwar's. Infact, Ganguly's off-side play > anybody's off-side play in the ODI game.

shantanudey

Cricket Spectator
Ganguly is the best timer of the ball in the world,even Sachin does not come anywhere
close to Ganguly interms of timing the cricket ball-Geoffery Boycott

shantanudey

Cricket Spectator
Saurav benefitted by having Sachin as an opener?

Saurav benefitted by having Sachin as an opener?

Well on the flipside,Saurav was the Captain for a major period in his career.He had the burden of Indian captaincy on his shoulders while batting.And for sure,the pressure of
captaincy was on his shoulders each time he went out to bat.So please take this also into account.

Anwar on the other hand,could bat freely without any burden of captaincy.

bagapath

International Captain
shantanu... friendly advice... dont deliberately try to revive a dead thread... there are many other topics being discussed now that more people are interested in... dont keep on bumping this to the front... i am sure you would like to talk about many other players, issues, matches... start reading and writing on those.... enough of this... and please dont take offense to what i have said... dont mean to put you down.