• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

As a Windies fan i'm insulted

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
R.E Andre Russell being a drug cheat, Jamaica has a more strenuous drug testing program than any other cricketing nation due to it's athletics programme. He missed some tests but took others. He is not a drug cheat and probably wont even receive a ban. Please stop the ridiculousness.
Haha, the bloke missed 3 drug tests in 1 year. If you don't think that's deliberate you're kidding yourself.

The fact he may not be banned just sums up this sport.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
This threat to a turn to attack WI cricketers for random things. Oh well, I just hope the team wins and others can take delight in the BS.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, the bloke missed 3 drug tests in 1 year. If you don't think that's deliberate you're kidding yourself.

The fact he may not be banned just sums up this sport.
What the actual ****? Any other sport and he'd be serving a massive ban.

To put it into perspective, Rio Ferdinand was banned for 8 months when he forgot to attend a drug test after training, despite later remembering and taking and passing a test taken the next day. And FIFA appealed against that suspension because they felt it was too lenient.

To miss 3 Tests and not get banned is a joke. Cricket's administrators are not fit for purpose.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

To put it into perspective, Rio Ferdinand was banned for 8 months when he forgot to attend a drug test after training, despite later remembering and taking and passing a test taken the next day. And FIFA appealed against that suspension because they felt it was too lenient.

To miss 3 Tests and not get banned is a joke. Cricket's administrators are not fit for purpose.
yeah its disgusting, and the fact its not getting that much media scrutiny is also ridiculous. They should be hammering this.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yeah its disgusting, and the fact its not getting that much media scrutiny is also ridiculous. They should be hammering this.
We've already seen from the Yasir Shah case that there's pretty much no consequences for taking drugs so this shouldn't come as a surprise. It's still ridiculous.

I love the 'oh Jamaica have a pretty rigorous programme' defence when there's a bunch of Jamaican sprinters who have just been banned.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I feel like Mark Nicholas' comments, whilst dim, have been misconstrued slightly. When he says 'short of brains', I don't think he is saying: the West Indies players are all stupid, therefore they are bad cricketers and cannot win the World Cup. What I think he is saying is that the West Indies adopt a certain brand of cricket, in which there is less of an element of over-analysis etc and nudging and nurdling to build innings. In the 2015 World Cup, England tried to play too smart, work the averages, look at the data, and it failed spectacularly. Whereas a team not thinking too much about and just blitzing it about, New Zealand, got all the way to the final.

I think Nicholas is trying to make the same point, albeit poorly. I think he means that the West Indies do not employ employ certain methods and styles which he construes as 'smart', but instead just go out there, trust themselves and knock India out of the World Cup by chasing 193. Perhaps he should say savvy, or technical (not skill, but gameplan)? The West Indies have shown that you don't have to play 'smart' cricket to win games - just whack it about. It could be argued that the West Indies immediate approach after losing Gayle early in the semi was not smart, brainless slogging, but afterwards they started playing cricket that was neither 'smart' nor 'stupid', just...good.

My two cents.

burr

State Vice-Captain

Wow, I didn't know that. That's terrible. Just another reason not to like this current crop of WI cricketers.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
I feel like Mark Nicholas' comments, whilst dim, have been misconstrued slightly. When he says 'short of brains', I don't think he is saying: the West Indies players are all stupid, therefore they are bad cricketers and cannot win the World Cup. What I think he is saying is that the West Indies adopt a certain brand of cricket, in which there is less of an element of over-analysis etc and nudging and nurdling to build innings. In the 2015 World Cup, England tried to play too smart, work the averages, look at the data, and it failed spectacularly. Whereas a team not thinking too much about and just blitzing it about, New Zealand, got all the way to the final.

I think Nicholas is trying to make the same point, albeit poorly. I think he means that the West Indies do not employ employ certain methods and styles which he construes as 'smart', but instead just go out there, trust themselves and knock India out of the World Cup by chasing 193. Perhaps he should say savvy, or technical (not skill, but gameplan)? The West Indies have shown that you don't have to play 'smart' cricket to win games - just whack it about. It could be argued that the West Indies immediate approach after losing Gayle early in the semi was not smart, brainless slogging, but afterwards they started playing cricket that was neither 'smart' nor 'stupid', just...good.

My two cents.
Well nobody in WI camp seem to have gotten his point (dressed up in your conception of it).

Sammy hits out at 'short of brains' comment ahead of final - Latest News - JamaicaObserver.com

As for the rest of the comments - I realize I walk into the wrong room and I don't have the time to be debating BS about Russell and blah blah - bunch of garbage comments.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Well nobody in WI camp seem to have gotten his point (dressed up in your conception of it).

Sammy hits out at 'short of brains' comment ahead of final - Latest News - JamaicaObserver.com

As for the rest of the comments - I realize I walk into the wrong room and I don't have the time to be debating BS about Russell and blah blah - bunch of garbage comments.
Wow, same thing I said he said here - about WI history and not getting the credit etc..wow and Mark's comment being significant too. I am impressed by myself lol

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You are not doing yourself any favours by going on and on about this. You made your point, I agreed with you to an extent (regarding Mark Nicholas) and I understand that it's frustrating when cricket journalists and commentators don't seem to value your team enough to do their research, but you are going about it the wrong way and annoying the entire forum in the process.