• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arun Finch announces international retirement

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No surprise really but worth a thread of its own.

Bloke was a great LO player for Australia and did a good job as skipper post-2017 with it. Played some stunning knocks over the years. Also seems a very decent bloke with it. Probably should have gone a year or so earlier, but tbf it takes a while to realise what you think is a slump is actually a genuine decline.

Hope he has a happy retirement and we still see him in some domestic T20 leagues around the place.

_Ed_

One of my favourite Australian players in recent times. WAG.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Now we just need to get Warner to retire too…

But seriously, great LO player, great career.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Finch-Warner partnership could be spoken about by future generations like Hobbs-Hutton once T20 becomes the only format of cricket and tests and odis are all gone.

Great player.

trundler

One of my favourites. LO great and a close to the best T20 opener ever. Should still make a killing on the T20 circuit for a couple more years.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
We have Retirement thread somewhere
Ya his 156 was finest innings in twenty 20 international for Australia

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He mentioned in his presser he doesn't like the idea of taking up a domestic spot of a potential Australian player so thinks international retirement should also mean shield retirement. for that reason alone he's done with the shield despite still wanting to play. I found that interesting

I guess domestic T20 cricket is a different beast though