• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are tons really that impressive in this era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Real world class attacks don't allow a batsman to score 4 tons against them in a single series :D .
Kohli basically got 2 tons vs sa anyway. Got out on 96.

Also your points are stupid and I'm only replying to your posts because I hit my head on the wash Basin in the evening and I'm feeling slow. Bye.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Kohli basically got 2 tons vs sa anyway. Got out on 96.

Also your points are stupid and I'm only replying to your posts because I hit my head on the wash Basin in the evening and I'm feeling slow. Bye.
You sound upset like Jono!!..it's not that serious bro :huh: . Kohli is good...but these tracks, coupled with poor bowling has gifted him at least two of the tons imo.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Real world class attacks don't allow a batsman to score 4 tons against them in a single series :D .
Tendulkar scored 4 tons in 4 games against SA in 2010/11 over two short series. I'm glad that what was either the best or at worst, second best attack in the world at the time with Steyn at his absolute best with pretty much zero bad bowling through four tests - was not a world class attack.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I was referring to innings, not players. Start comprehending posts better please.

You ****ing ****
And you got that wrong aswell...the tons will go down in the record books regardless of what i say...i just think tracks and poor bowling are making things easy in the current climate...sue me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, do you even understand the meaning of the phrase "writing off"? It doesn't actually mean them being physically erased from the record books, you guttersnipe.

cnerd123

likes this
Sledger going hard here. Has to be careful he doesn't throw this away again like he has so many times in the past.

cnerd123

likes this
Dan i wonder what you see when you read my posts...as some of your assumptions simply don't ring true
3. All i'm saying is Kohli's TECHNICAL FLAW was extremely apparent and the Aussies haven't been able to expose that...conditions or no conditions they've been all over the place when bowling to him

4. And also Kohli isn't the only one scoring tons in this series...The aussie attack is very good but not "great" when you have a guy with such a flaw constantly getting the better of them...

But hey that's just my opinion...i expect "great" attacks to start figuring things out by the third test at least...sorry :huh:
Also lol you are either blind or haven't watched a single ball of this series.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Tendulkar scored 4 tons in 4 games against SA in 2010/11 over two short series. I'm glad that what was either the best or at worst, second best attack in the world at the time with Steyn at his absolute best with pretty much zero bad bowling through four tests - was not a world class attack.
Didn't i say a SINGLE series? :unsure:

cnerd123

likes this
He was pushing and prodding early on, but now he unfurls that cheeky little late cut shot we all know and love.

K I probably should go to bed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.