• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are tons really that impressive in this era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnerd123

likes this
Sure, like I say, WW makes just as many **** calls as you guys do. :P
As many as we all do combined tbh.

Nationalistic BS aside, he just makes himself impossible to hold any sort of reasonable debate with. It's all part of his charm I suppose. Keeps the forum lively.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Wow this thread gets better and better every hour. ATG quality. We should have a Best of WW and Blocky thread which compiles all their great moments into one big beautiful pile.
Says the guy who, along with two other posters was trying to mock me on pages 9, 10 and 11? yeah ok 8-) .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Says the guy who, along with two other posters was trying to mock me on pages 9, 10 and 11? yeah ok 8-) .
Look WW, I never mocked you personally. I disagreed with your posts vehemently and found they made me laugh. I mocked your posts and your style of posting, yes. I did not in any way shape or form mock you as a person. If I've done that, point it out. I'll apologize.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
As many as we all do combined tbh.

Nationalistic BS aside, he just makes himself impossible to hold any sort of reasonable debate with. It's all part of his charm I suppose. Keeps the forum lively.
I have debates with him, we debated West Indies vs New Zealand during the series and he took great offense at me saying that it would be disgraceful if NZ lost to the West Indian team.... it lasted about five minutes and we moved on to the next cricket discussion. If you notice, he'll talk cricket until someone makes a statement about him personally, i.e "you're a banal poster" or "that's a **** post". If you talk cricket to him and don't insult him, he's fine. Calling him a troll because he happens to snap back at people who insult him and then refuse to engage with them just seems a bit rich.

cnerd123

likes this
I have debates with him, we debated West Indies vs New Zealand during the series and he took great offense at me saying that it would be disgraceful if NZ lost to the West Indian team.... it lasted about five minutes and we moved on to the next cricket discussion. If you notice, he'll talk cricket until someone makes a statement about him personally, i.e "you're a banal poster" or "that's a **** post". If you talk cricket to him and don't insult him, he's fine. Calling him a troll because he happens to snap back at people who insult him and then refuse to engage with them just seems a bit rich.
Really is double standards then isn't it? He disrespects people's viewpoints and posting all the time (again; look at his attitude to Noah) and expects to have his opinions and style of posting be treated with respect in return?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Sure, like I say, WW makes just as many **** calls as you guys do. :P
That poster, who i rarely engage with now simply because i believe he's desperate to get me banned...focuses more on ME than he does the debates...it's obsession personified and the fact that i usually ignore him clearly doesn't sit well in his mind.

Now he's even trying to send me silly messages via pm!!..but still those efforts remain futile.

Blocky

Banned
Really is double standards then isn't it? He disrespects people's viewpoints and posting all the time (again; look at his attitude to Noah) and expects to have his opinions and style of posting be treated with respect in return?
The difference is, he disrespects your cricketing opinion, not your personality. He also isn't following people from thread to thread looking to pick fights constantly like people do to him.

Anyway, this thread is both boring and also contains a high risk of me being banned due to how many people I decided to argue with over the course of the day in it... so I'm out.

OverratedSanity

The difference is, he disrespects your cricketing opinion, not your personality. He also isn't following people from thread to thread looking to pick fights constantly like people do to him.
Yet all I've done in this thread is laugh at some of the posts (not his personality) and point out what I perceive are baffling flaws in logic in your and his posts. Am I not allowed to do that? Because you seem to get annoyed when I do.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Look WW, I never mocked you personally. I disagreed with your posts vehemently and found they made me laugh. I mocked your posts and your style of posting, yes. I did not in any way shape or form mock you as a person. If I've done that, point it out. I'll apologize.
That took the debate to a lower level and then you turn around and start complaining about how the thread is now? to me you're sounding like a hypocrite.

cnerd123

likes this
That poster, who i rarely engage with now simply because i believe he's desperate to get me banned...focuses more on ME than he does the debates...it's obsession personified and the fact that i usually ignore him clearly doesn't sit well in his mind.

Now he's even trying to send me silly messages via pm!!..but still those efforts remain futile.
Keeps me up all night mate.

I admit I get some pleasure from constantly picking on all of your mistakes, but I don't go to threads 'seeking fights'.

Really it isn't our fault if you can't handle a group of people laughing at a silly idea or opinion you have, or mocking your posting. You are fully entitled to post what you like, we are fully entitled to make fun of it.

IF instead you actually engaged in debates properly, respected other posters a bit more, and could admit when you are proven wrong...people would stop 'ganging up' on you.

Or, you know, just keep doing what you are doing. I genuinely enjoy it.

OverratedSanity

That took the debate to a lower level and then you turn around and start complaining about how the thread is now? to me you're sounding like a hypocrite.
But where did I mock you personally? I want to apologize. Just give me the opportunity by pointing out the offensive post.

Status
Not open for further replies.