• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
YP. Fired.

Carl Bowden (962560)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 33
Wages: £250 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Johnners

Fired YP as well...

Phil Broad (962701)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Clapo's XI
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 1,426
Wages: £285 p/w

Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Bocaj

Cricket Spectator
Robertinho said:
Hahaha, how'd you find this site? Probably won't post again though.
I know a couple of people that post on here so I read it occasionally... I don't usually find stuff worth posting about though.

Kurt: Make that a two post wonder!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Bocaj said:
I know a couple of people that post on here so I read it occasionally... I don't usually find stuff worth posting about though.

Kurt: Make that a two post wonder!
Gundry and Kurt, no doubt.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know the maxium amount of ITS you can use for a 20yo. I got 48 ATM and it says i can use all 48, can i use more next week, or is 48 the max?

andyc

Meh it sounds about right. Why are you pulling a 20yo old though? His natural ability won't be any higher than a player aged 17.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Meh it sounds about right. Why are you pulling a 20yo old though? His natural ability won't be any higher than a player aged 17.
Cus i don't want a trainee as i got too many. Just want a 2nd all rounder, as they cost too much on the transfer market.

So is 48 the max?

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Gah. Wanted a bowling YP, but his batting was respectable with 0 ITS. Still, he's competent bowling so I'll keep and train him.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably a good thing really, if you put ITS into his batting it would've only gone up one level to proficient (assuming that YP skill is capped at proficient as it seems to be), whereas by putting it into bowling it's gone up 4 or 5 levels to competent. Although I guess you didn't put any ITS into concentration. Sounds like a good trainee though, is he 17?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well i went for the 20yo with 48 ITS YP - 12 Bat, 12 Bowl, 8 Conc, 8 Cons, 8 Stamina.

Hasar Obeysekera (962966)
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Jaffna Jets
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 7,817
Wages: £1,142 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble

Im quite happy with that as i doubt i would have got a similar player for 90k, which is what he cost me effectively.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Adamc said:
Probably a good thing really, if you put ITS into his batting it would've only gone up one level to proficient (assuming that YP skill is capped at proficient as it seems to be), whereas by putting it into bowling it's gone up 4 or 5 levels to competent. Although I guess you didn't put any ITS into concentration. Sounds like a good trainee though, is he 17?
Yeah he's 17, should be pretty gun in 2/3 seasons.

Scaly piscine

chaminda_00 said:
Well i went for the 20yo with 48 ITS YP - 12 Bat, 12 Bowl, 8 Conc, 8 Cons, 8 Stamina.

Hasar Obeysekera (962966)
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Jaffna Jets
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 7,817
Wages: £1,142 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble

Im quite happy with that as i doubt i would have got a similar player for 90k, which is what he cost me effectively.

Aye, I'd have thought they'd sell for at least 400k with the berserk transfer market and lust for stamina. They look about a third of the way up in sublevels.

When I did that I got mediocres in the 4 attributes I put 12 ITS in, plus respectable wicket-keeping where I'd put no ITS in...

Bocaj

Cricket Spectator
Robertinho said:
Gundry and Kurt, no doubt.
Kurt yes. Gundry I'm not familiar with though. (Actually the one to convince me to register was aussie_dominance...don't ask me how I know him but yeah. :ph34r: )

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Gordon Woodbridge (963143)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Jamees 999ers
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 13
Wages: £250 p/w

Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Cya, Gordo

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Aye, I'd have thought they'd sell for at least 400k with the berserk transfer market and lust for stamina. They look about a third of the way up in sublevels.

When I did that I got mediocres in the 4 attributes I put 12 ITS in, plus respectable wicket-keeping where I'd put no ITS in...
Yeah i thought he might be able to be sold for that much, but really i need a 2nd all rounder more then 400k, especially with his stamina.

nibbs

International Captain
well, we lost yesterday by 4 runs. we reached 198/3 chasing 223 for victory, only to collapse to 205/8 after nz nt etherington did his worst, that fkn *******. lee managed to survive for quite a while as hamshaw pulled us closer. but when went lee went, henshaw went almost immediately after. all out 218. i was pretty ****ed off

Status
Not open for further replies.