• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibbs

International Captain
Going dam well so far, today. Hamshaw has scored back to back 100s and Fry is on the verge of his maiden hundred. Good chance these two good beat my teams record stand 290.

End of Over 33: 214-0, runrate=6.48
Corry 10-0-67-0
Fry* 90 (99 balls)
Hamshaw 112 (101 balls)

EDIT: Finished on 341/2...

Hamshaw made 176 and Fry 122. Opening stand was 290, which equaled my teams all time best partnership...

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
After finishing top of a league 5 league viveash have sunk to the bottom of league 2 II all results have been close matches which have just not gone our way. how ever the team is still in the cup

Deja moo

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Nope, you just select the team whenever you like (there is a default set-up as well that you can change easily enough) and the games play themselves out. Each game gets commentary like on CricInfo, the games don't have very long between innings breaks (5-10 minutes maximum if that) and they usually play through a little bit quicker overall than your average 50 over game (all the games are 50 overs on Battrick at the moment).
Thanks. Signed up yesterday night. There was a waiting list of just 2 in the India league. So hopefully I'll be allotted a team soon.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, West Indies seem to have been forgotten about, league matches still haven't been played from yesterday. Moreover the cup draw for tomorrow hasn't been done, and we still haven't had updates from several days ago which would've given me another 24 or 25 club members. I doubt the finance updates for today will get done either, meaning I'll have to wait until after the cup match (if it ever happens) to get a youth pull.

Only good news so far is that my 19yo mediocre spinner has attracted a bid of 20k (which I put as the minimum), hopefully it'll go up a little bit, though I'm happy enough with 20k given that I recently bought a 17yo mediocre spinner (to replace him) for 16k.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just promoted this guy from the academy, waddya think

Eddie Saunders - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,616
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Should be able to train him up nicely

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice, decent batting/conc/stamina and potential captaincy material to boot. I think i'm going to start trying to get decent youth batsmen instead of bowlers, now that I've got three 17/18yo bowlers occupying 5 coaching slots between them.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any way to train for captaincy, or is it god given :P How many net sessions should i put him down for, i got him for one batting sesh or should i increase that

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You got a great player there mate. You can't really train for captaincy, or at least I don't think so. I'd give him more than one session, but only if there's room for him to have another one

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I got him down for two battings sessions. Also can players ratings pop after matches or just training?

Ps: Be giving him a go against andy tommorow

andyc

GoT_SpIn said:
I got him down for two battings sessions. Also can players ratings pop after matches or just training?

Ps: Be giving him a go against andy tommorow
They only rise after training, matches just affect form.

Am looking forward to giving you a go tomorrow, my player (not a rookie, mind you) just popped up to competent too.

andyc

Well I just managed to get an absolute crap rookie bowler

Jason Whibread (316378)
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 596
Wages: £250 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful

Goodbye Jason

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Well I just managed to get an absolute crap rookie bowler

Jason Whibread (316378)
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 596
Wages: £250 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful

Goodbye Jason
Unlucky, i have managed to get that player i just showed you, and another mediocre batsmen which im currently playing.

How long should it take for him to pop up a level to respectable, ive heard it takes 10 weeks? but how long for a 17yr old

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
They only rise after training, matches just affect form.

Am looking forward to giving you a go tomorrow, my player (not a rookie, mind you) just popped up to competent too.
Do you know what time the game starts?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Managed a solid win knocked Flotepusene over for 166 with wickets shared around between the 5 bowlers, my 17yo left armer taking 2.

Then i scored the runs with 16 overs to go losing 3 wickets, Lawrence scored 91* and my debutant youth batsman scored 37.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Unlucky, i have managed to get that player i just showed you, and another mediocre batsmen which im currently playing.

How long should it take for him to pop up a level to respectable, ive heard it takes 10 weeks? but how long for a 17yr old
17yo with one batting coach will take 11 weeks maximum. Youth pulls don't necessarily start at the bottom of the skill level, so he might already be halfway between competent and respectable. Therefore he'll pop in the next 1-11 weeks if you keep training him. After the first pop it will take 11 weeks per level for a 17yo, and the general idea is that you add 1-2 weeks for each year he gets older, e.g. an 18yo will take 12-13 weeks, 19yo 13-14 etc. If you give him two coaches, a 17yo will take a maximum of 7 weeks to pop.

Scaly piscine

Bought this guy for 13k:

David Armstrong - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,393
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable form, Healthy
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: feeble Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Wasn't the sort of thing I was looking for exactly (a medium/abysmal bat I was after was going for 40k plus there'd been 1 training update since they'd been promoted from an academy) and he's an Aussie which doesn't help things but I wanted a backup keeper at some point - just in case injuries are brought in at some point soon and he's got potential as a batter (I don't think place much value on stamina at the moment - I figure fielding is probably more important in one day games in Battrick).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
17yo with one batting coach will take 11 weeks maximum. Youth pulls don't necessarily start at the bottom of the skill level, so he might already be halfway between competent and respectable. Therefore he'll pop in the next 1-11 weeks if you keep training him. After the first pop it will take 11 weeks per level for a 17yo, and the general idea is that you add 1-2 weeks for each year he gets older, e.g. an 18yo will take 12-13 weeks, 19yo 13-14 etc. If you give him two coaches, a 17yo will take a maximum of 7 weeks to pop.
Ok thanks. If i continue with two coaches after his first pop, will it still take 11 weeks or lower?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.