• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Robertinho said:
Ooh, got alot to work with there :-O How many bat/bowl sessions do you have him on?
Had him on 4 batting and 3 bowling for a few weeks but now evened things out for a while.

I was thoroughly incompetent at the start of my management so I didn't really give him much but now I'm trying to catch up on my stupidity. :(

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea 4 and 3 of those are definitely overkill.

There seem to be a few managers out there that insist on having like 4 bowling nets and then stopping completely when someone hits 19 - bit daft really. Having a 3rd net (of the same primary type) to a 17 yo is like giving one (primary) net to a 27 yo.

PY

International Coach
Just checked and I now have him on 3 batting and 1 bowling (he's my 3rd change at the moment).

My 17yo YP is on 1 batting and 1 fitness and I'm fairly happy with his progress:
Sandeep Chanderpaul - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,845
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb form, invigorated
(superb batting form, superb bowling form)
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable
Wages:£1,115

Also got this guy who I'm trying to train up as well (2 bowling nets):
Usmal Liyanage - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,793
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb form, moderate
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

I'm thinking I may need to drop of his bowling nets and get him on fitness? What does everyone else think?

Not sure whether to keep my keeper either as maybe needs a bit more batting for my liking though I may well be just being greedy. :D
Rakesh Ahmed - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,370
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong form, energetic
(superb batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

PY

International Coach
Forgot to mention my Youth Academy appears to have popped, what's the deal with the process?

Scaly piscine

PY said:
Just checked and I now have him on 3 batting and 1 bowling (he's my 3rd change at the moment).

My 17yo YP is on 1 batting and 1 fitness and I'm fairly happy with his progress:
Sandeep Chanderpaul - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,845
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb form, invigorated
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable
Wages:£1,115

Also got this guy who I'm trying to train up as well (2 bowling nets):
Usmal Liyanage - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,793
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb form, moderate
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

I'm thinking I may need to drop of his bowling nets and get him on fitness? What does everyone else think?

Not sure whether to keep my keeper either as maybe needs a bit more batting for my liking though I may well be just being greedy. :D
Rakesh Ahmed - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,370
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong form, energetic
(superb batting form, proficient bowling form)
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble
What's the guy like on 3 batting nets? I'd have thought it was better to split the nets 2 and 2 rather than 3 and 1. You've got basically one guy popping 11 weeks and the other 5 and a bit weeks when you could have both popping at 7 weeks. I'd have also given the proficient/abysmal a burst of fielding nets to go with the batting, but that's more down to personal preference.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd give the proficient/abysmal a fielding net as well. I've got a proficient/abysmal (Gillespie) and though he averages 50ish he performs a lot worse than he should and rarely makes big scores against decent opposition. Not sure why you'd want to get rid of that 'keeper, he's already at the same level as mine and will be miles better with training (my guy's 21 already), and frankly you'll be hard-pressed to find a better prospect on the market unless you're willing to spend over £500,000.

Scaly piscine

Yea the keepers are interesting in Battrick, if you can get a reasonable 17yo they'll pop like mad with w/k and batting training. But once you get to 19-20 the pops are massively slower (except for batting itself). I've had 4 concentration pops, 2 consistency pops, 2 w/keeping pops and a rise from 4393 to 17932 in BT rating over 11 weeks of training.

PY

International Coach
What will the fielding net improve for Sandeep? I don't really get why? Also I should pay more attention but what part does the abysmal in proficient/abysmal stand for? His bowling or his concentration?

Didn't realise people were that expensive re: keepers so guess I'll stick with this, he opens the batting at the moment though because he's one of the few with stamina to make it through so wanted little better in batting terms.

The guy on 3 bat/1 bowl is Singh (18yo) who's the destructive guy who took a few against you (SP) in a friendly:
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

Figured he's worth throwing some training sessions at?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Fielding makes consistency and concentration pop much quicker, if you train him in batting and fielding he'll pop in concentration every 2-3 weeks or so as opposed to 8 weeks or so without the fielding net. The abysmal in proficient/abysmal is the concentration.

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
Fielding makes consistency and concentration pop much quicker, if you train him in batting and fielding he'll pop in concentration every 2-3 weeks or so as opposed to 8 weeks or so without the fielding net. The abysmal in proficient/abysmal is the concentration.
Indeed, wicket keeping training also works the same way as fielding I believe. Fielding training with all the secondary pops is incredibly useful for all-rounders, because you get the benefit of both consistency and concentration pops. The 2-3 weeks training times for conc./cons. (when you have the respective batting/bowling nets combined with the fielding) pops do go up by about a week per year (estimated) so although a week is not much, it is a high percentage increase when you're only waiting 2-3 weeks initially, a 19-20 year old is would take double the time of a 17yo. This compares with something like bog standard batting training where a 17yo takes 11 weeks to pop and you'd get to 28yo before that time doubles to 22 weeks to get a pop (although the exact figures aren't known for 28yo training times, I'm just extrapolating).

Last edited:

andyc

Scaly piscine said:
Yea the keepers are interesting in Battrick, if you can get a reasonable 17yo they'll pop like mad with w/k and batting training. But once you get to 19-20 the pops are massively slower (except for batting itself). I've had 4 concentration pops, 2 consistency pops, 2 w/keeping pops and a rise from 4393 to 17932 in BT rating over 11 weeks of training.
Andrew Parr - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,551
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong form, sublime
(proficient batting form, superb bowling form)
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

This is my keeper- he's on a batting, keeping and fitness net. I've not got all that much space in my nets, but do you think one batting net is good enough?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Boring play off. Won it easily, lost my 7th toss in a row and bowled them out for 95 and won by ten wickets

Nice figures for one of my bowlers-

5.1 3 6 6

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking at the off-season schedule:

Friday 6th - Play Off Games
Saturday 7th - Prize Money awarded
Sunday 8th - Friendly Games, Cup Draw
Wednesday 11th - Promotion/Relegation, New games scheduled
Friday 13th - No Games, Players Birthdays
Sunday 15th - Cup Games
Friday 20th - League Games

I assume this means that youth pulls next week pulled before Friday will age on Friday, so to avoid that you'd have to make the youth pull after the Friday update but before the financial update (Saturday).

andyc

Adamc said:
Looking at the off-season schedule:

Friday 6th - Play Off Games
Saturday 7th - Prize Money awarded
Sunday 8th - Friendly Games, Cup Draw
Wednesday 11th - Promotion/Relegation, New games scheduled
Friday 13th - No Games, Players Birthdays
Sunday 15th - Cup Games
Friday 20th - League Games

I assume this means that youth pulls next week pulled before Friday will age on Friday, so to avoid that you'd have to make the youth pull after the Friday update but before the financial update (Saturday).
So what time then should we be doing it do you reckon?

PY

International Coach
Meh, I got out of bed for this crap in my playoff.

Girish_India 62/10 (22.3 overs)

Rampaul 5/18
Chanderpaul 2/14
Liyanage 1/11
Singh 1/2

Boggles 63/0 (8 overs)
Singh 35* (23)
Ahmed 25* (26)

:yawn:

Is there any idea when the aging will happen in terms of time? And do you get any money for winning in a playoff?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
So what time then should we be doing it do you reckon?
Umm, after the Friday update but before the financial update I guess.

PY said:
Is there any idea when the aging will happen in terms of time? And do you get any money for winning in a playoff?
I assume it'll be at the time of the normal daily updates on Friday. Don't get any money from winning a playoff, but you do get the gate receipts while everyone who doesn't have a playoff gets nothing.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Umm, after the Friday update but before the financial update I guess.

I assume it'll be at the time of the normal daily updates on Friday. Don't get any money from winning a playoff, but you do get the gate receipts while everyone who doesn't have a playoff gets nothing.
How can you get a youth pull then...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
How can you get a youth pull then...
In the usual manner, but after the Friday update but before the financial update if you want to avoid them aging a few days after they've been pulled? Sorry if I haven't made this clear enough...that's just my thinking anyway, if it doesn't make sense then just promote them whenever.

Edit: just in case this isn't clear enough, I'm talking about Friday next week, not today.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
But our youth pulls are on Saturday, and youth pulls are only available once the financial update has occured

OH WAIT i get it!

Smart idea, but now i have to wait for my yp :p

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
But our youth pulls are on Saturday, and youth pulls are only available once the financial update has occured

OH WAIT i get it!
Your youth pulls are after the financial update (yes, Saturday), but you can promote them at any point from then until the next Saturday. All I'm saying is wait till after the ages are adjusted on Friday to make the youth pull if you want to avoid him aging on Friday. If you don't, then don't worry.

Edit: Good. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.