• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The fact that he's my best batsman shows how poor my batting is, but I thought it was good for £1000:

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, invigorated
(mediocre batting form, strong bowling form)
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Halsway CCC
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,664
Wages: £398 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

EDIT: Ah, crud. It appears that his stats are lower than they were on the transfer market - why?

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright fellas, how close is this guy to popping?

Greg Griffin (373579)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable form, sublime
(woeful batting form, superb bowling form)
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Battrick Rating: 7,760
Wages: £1,372 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

He's currently only on the one batting session, but has received one or two fitness sessions as well.

andyc

Tom Halsey said:
EDIT: Ah, crud. It appears that his stats are lower than they were on the transfer market - why?
Do you mean his ratings (feeble, mediocre, etc.) or his stats (250 runs @ 50, etc.)? And whichever one it is, I have no idea...

By the way, is it cool if I field a semi second XI for our friendly?

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Alright fellas, how close is this guy to popping?

Greg Griffin (373579)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable form, sublime
(woeful batting form, superb bowling form)
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Battrick Rating: 7,760
Wages: £1,372 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

He's currently only on the one batting session, but has received one or two fitness sessions as well.
All proficient youth pulls are capped at low-proficient, so assuming you've been training him since you got him, he'll be proficient plus a few weeks, so it'll be a while before he hits strong.

Scaly piscine

Tom Halsey said:
The fact that he's my best batsman shows how poor my batting is, but I thought it was good for £1000:

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable form, invigorated
(mediocre batting form, strong bowling form)
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Halsway CCC
Battrick Rating: 2,664
Wages: £398 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

They'll probably pop in batting in 1-2 nets, won't be a reliable source of runs with destructive temperament but they will get them quickly - until about 50 balls when the concentration and stamina starts to work against them.

Certainly good for 1k anyway, mainly because they're practically competent already.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
andyc said:
Do you mean his ratings (feeble, mediocre, etc.) or his stats (250 runs @ 50, etc.)? And whichever one it is, I have no idea...

By the way, is it cool if I field a semi second XI for our friendly?
Ratings. He'll still get in my team, just, but he's nowehere near my best batter...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
They'll probably pop in batting in 1-2 nets, won't be a reliable source of runs with destructive temperament but they will get them quickly - until about 50 balls when the concentration and stamina starts to work against them.

Certainly good for 1k anyway, mainly because they're practically competent already.
Cheers, I wasn't planning on putting him on Nets, because he's not great. Think I will do now though.

Scaly piscine

Tom Halsey said:
Cheers, I wasn't planning on putting him on Nets, because he's not great. Think I will do now though.
I would just do the one batting net so he pops to competent, it won't make much difference - mostly cosmetic (the sublevels still count towards the game) but when you sell them in the future you'll get more money for them.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well I put him on a fielding net too (he's one of my better fielders) and I've got psychologists, so with luck it might.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Hey, would anyone mind telling me how many net sessions you need to go from competent to the next level, or mediocre to the next level.

Scaly piscine

It doesn't matter what level a player is at, it still takes the same number of sessions to go up to the next level. There are lots of training times here:

http://www.jfw.me.uk/

(scroll to the bottom and select Training Statistics)

Scaly piscine

According to what someone worked out I'm gonna be in IV.58 next season. Having looked at all the promoted teams who could join me and the teams that finished 2nd, 3rd etc. they all seem about my level or worse - I actually played and beat one of the possible promoted teams off the last ball of a friendly. The division is about the best I could have hoped for really, hopefully with my bowling depth I can do well and keep rotating solid competents with sublime fitness levels.

nibbs

International Captain
just returned from my holiday and pulled this youngster

Steven Sweeney (404445)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable form, fresh
(respectable batting form, respectable bowling form)
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Whenuapai CC
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 3,915
Wages: £978 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Now, he'll be straight into the nets, receiving one bowling net. The arrival of this new youngster however has created a lot of food for thought when it comes to picking my full strength side next season. I now have 7 competent + bowlers on my squad.

Holmes; 25yo, Superb, 75 wickets (career)@ 12.71
Mutasa; 19yo, Proficient, 29 wickets @ 14.45
Henshaw 27yo, Respectable, 64 @ 15.08
Sweeney; 17yo, Respectable
Hamshaw; 20yo, Competent, 36 @ 27.67
Ken Jabulile; 19yo, Competent
Sheffield; 20yo, Respectable, 25 @ 35.79

Jabulile will probably hang around for the time being, playing friendlies I guess. Now I imagine that Sweeney will gradually be looked at as Henshaw's replacement. Henshaw has done my side an excellent service, but he'll be 28 soon and so he he doesn't have the 10+ seasons that you'd imagine I should be able to get out of Sweeney. Although Sheffield doesn't appear to have the best of records, he has become increasingly economical and he is a spinner, something that no other bowler on my side can claim to be. He'll come in handy come FC games I'm guessing.

I also thought to selling Mutasa, hopefully for something large, like £500,000+ which would enable me to purchase a strong or better batsmen. Anyhow, I'm in no rush at the moment, so if some of you guys could give me your thoughts, that would be cool.

team next season, maybe...
1. Hamshaw - strong batsmen, competent bowler
2. Wheat - mediorce batsmen, strong WK
3. Duggan - proficient batsmen
4. Fry - respectable batsmen
5. Lennon - proficient batsmen
6. Willets - respectable batsmen
7. Cuss - competent batsmen
8. Holmes - feeble batsmen, surperb bowler
9. Sweeney - woeful batsmen, respectable bowler
10. Henshaw - respectable bowler
11. Sheffield - respectable bowler

with £600,000 in the bank... maybe... just maybe

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
was getting this player a waste of time?

Clark Hook (399814)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent form, lively
(competent batting form, mediocre bowling form)
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Victoria Panthers
Battrick Rating: 7,052
Wages: £316 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
Bowling: feeble Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

andyc

Yeah not a waste of time Mike, but like Nibbs said he'll need plenty of bowling nets. He's got great secondaries, and he's only 17 (though he'll be 18 soon). And the fact that he's a spinner is another plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.