• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
What I don't understand is that 6 months is a ridiculously long temporary ban. It should either have been a one-weeker or two-weeker (IIRC he's recieved several of those already) or permanent IMO.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not saying anything after this, other than in the two situations one is a daft kid who was being constantly provoked and the other is someone who should really know better who kept going of his own volition when nothing was coming back. You don't really 'get' name-calling when you're a kid, knowing what's just innocuous humour and what's over the top and nasty, knowing when to stop.

The adults on this forum who kept giving him crap just so he could feel crap and get banned are far worse than Rodgie.
The guy is dire tbh. I mention i was born in Germany so he calls me a Nazi. He calls Luffy a 'pedo' because he likes talking to Andmark. Daft kid or not, if you call people those things then you're not going to last long are you?

Johnners

End of Over 10: 92-1, runrate=9.20
Quinnan 5-0-44-1
Stroud* 45 (28 balls)
Ludlow 38 (29 balls)

Last Wicket: Orourke c. Moodley b. Quinnan 6 (FOW: 12/1)

Decent Start :)

Johnners

End of Over 25: 200-1, runrate=8.00
Craddock 3-0-21-0
Ludlow* 76 (64 balls)
Stroud 115 (83 balls)

And it Continues... looking good for 400 here :)

andyc

End of Over 25: 200-1, runrate=8.00
Craddock 3-0-21-0
Ludlow* 76 (64 balls)
Stroud 115 (83 balls)

And it Continues... looking good for 400 here :)
Haha, crazy. Going well here too, though I could do with a wicket soon. This game doesn't matter in terms of how I finish the season, but I just want to beat these guys after they beat me last time, and consequently will finish above me.

End of Over 30: 105-4, runrate=3.50
Canning 10-0-25-2
Leacock* 32 (60 balls)
Miller 13 (31 balls)
Last Wicket: Killeen lbw b. Tedstone 38 (FOW: 64/4)

Edit: All out for 135 in the end, pretty happy with that. Potters actually took wickets, and Tedstone picked up 4.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 32: 181-1, runrate=5.66
Thomson	6-0-37-0
Dylan*	83 (102 balls)
Keane	12 (19 balls)
Last Wicket: Jephcott c. Harrison b. Naidoo 82 (FOW: 149/1)
Going pretty well, will need about 300 though. Jephcott was out only facing around 65 balls, I was gutted.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Playing Gelman today in the final game. He basically has two good batsman who have been trained for two seasons, because he never checks the damn game, and Elmes in particular dominates our league and keeps him mid table.

Sure enough, Elmes made another century against me. Probably won't be enough, but I am running with an experimental batting order and Pietersen opening, so we'll see.

End of Over 39: 216-3, runrate=5.54
Pietersen 8-0-45-1
Falk* 16 (12 balls)
Mccoy 24 (22 balls)
Last Wicket: Elmes c. Camilleri b. Pietersen 104 (FOW: 193/3)

Johnners

End of Over 50: 402-2, runrate=8.04
Craddock 10-0-76-0
Appleyard* 74 (47 balls)
Stroud 203 (155 balls)

Last Wicket: Ludlow b. King 113 (FOW: 280/2)

:cool: :cool: :cool: 3rd 400+ score in the History of Clapo's XI, and thats Strouds 2nd Double Century, and the 3rd in the Clubs history :cool: :cool: :D:D

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
End of Over 50: 402-2, runrate=8.04
Craddock 10-0-76-0
Appleyard* 74 (47 balls)
Stroud 203 (155 balls)

Last Wicket: Ludlow b. King 113 (FOW: 280/2)

:cool: :cool: :cool: 3rd 400+ score in the History of Clapo's XI, and thats Strouds 2nd Double Century, and the 3rd in the Clubs histordy :cool: :cool: :D:D
Minnow basher, i guess its not only Sri Lanka, India and Windies that have some really crap teams in the lower divisons.

Johnners

haha, tbh i feel sorry for this bloke, he's only just joined Battrick a fornight ago...

And that's the end of the match. Clapo's XI won by 347 runs.
Clapo's XI 402-2
GDJ Jaguars 55-10

Guess you could say it was a comfortable victory :D

andyc

FFS. Canning and Tedstone both cut short of well deserved half centuries. Still, a 7 wicket win for me so I'm happy.

barracoutas 134 (44.1)
Tedstone 4/28 (10), Canning 2/25 (10), Potgieter 2/31 (10)

Magical Ponies 3/135 (29.3)
Tedstone 48* (50), Canning 48* (59), Farmer 20 (36)

barracoutas Magical Ponies
Top Order: proficient competent
Middle Order: mediocre proficient
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable superb
Spin Bowling: competent strong
Fielding: woeful woeful

Haha. They gave the MOTM to Canning instead of Tedstone. WTF?

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 33: 195-2, runrate=5.91, reqrunrate=2.59 (238-10)
Austin 10-0-61-0
Hocking* 103 (89 balls)
Hiller 67 (71 balls)
Last Wicket: Gravey b. Fry 8 (FOW: 42/2)

Messed with my batting orders a bit, Hiller batting well at 4, he averages over 120 in the top order, so im not sure if this is a fluke. This game is all but over, wanted to GFI, but i only PAN'd, probably could have TIE'd.

Bobisback

International Regular
And that's the end of the match. bobisback won by 8 wickets.
seabrook cc 238-10
bobisback 239-2

End of Over 40: 239-2, runrate=5.98
Fry 9-1-39-2
Hocking* 122 (110 balls)
Hiller 88 (88 balls)

Easy win in the end, Motm will be interesting, either Hocking or Wikus for is 6fa.

EDIT:

Code:
Reporter's Summary
		seabrook cc 	bobisback
Top Order: 	competent 	respectable
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	respectable
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	mediocre 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	mediocre 	proficient
Fielding: 	woeful 		woeful
MOTM: Hocking
Wikus a bit ripped off tbh, 6/27 is probably better then 122. But both good performances.

Dont mind my ratings, but ill put Hiller back in the top order for the next game against Smith, dont want to risk him getting out early because he doesnt like the middle order.

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
My match is all but over.
The other team made 391. In reply my batsmen did well but didn't score fast enough apart from Olowe.
End of Over 42: 228-4, runrate=5.43, reqrunrate=20.50 (391-5)
Dingane 6-0-32-0
Brooks* 13 (16 balls)
Olowe 100 (85 balls)
Lower order collapsed in the last couple of overs and the team finished all out for 260. Olowe remained unbeaten on 118 (92 balls).

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The team that beat me by 6 wickets last time I played them thanks to their champion batsman were disappointing today.

Central Districts 2-305
Dylan 105
Jephcott 82
Keane 65*

Western Hammerheads 10-99
Everyone took at least 1 wicket, Seneviratne was the pick with 3-15, Hodge got their gun though.

Ratings in GFI look pretty good.
Code:
		Western Hammerheads  	Central Districts
Top Order: 	respectable 	proficient
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	competent
Lower Order: 	worthless	 abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	competent 	superb
Fielding: 	feeble 	feeble

pasag

RTDAS
Playing Gelman today in the final game. He basically has two good batsman who have been trained for two seasons, because he never checks the damn game, and Elmes in particular dominates our league and keeps him mid table.

Sure enough, Elmes made another century against me. Probably won't be enough, but I am running with an experimental batting order and Pietersen opening, so we'll see.

End of Over 39: 216-3, runrate=5.54
Pietersen 8-0-45-1
Falk* 16 (12 balls)
Mccoy 24 (22 balls)
Last Wicket: Elmes c. Camilleri b. Pietersen 104 (FOW: 193/3)
Averaging over 81 after 27 innings. Abit of a gun itbt.

Bobisback

International Regular
Got an awesome Twenty20 group, all Div 5ers, all crap. TIE the whole way.
Mine is fair easy too, all from Div V, worst has prof-comp batting and comp-feeb bowling, but should knock him off.

Also got a fairly easy playoff into a fairly easy league, will post more info when i have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.