• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Getting beaten quite comfortably as expected in my 4th round cup match. Their on target for a 350 score, if i keep them under 400 i'll be happy considering they have like three remarkables in the top 3.

End of Over 28: 174-1, runrate=6.21
Sishayi 9-0-71-0
Chandrakantha* 83 (84 balls)
Wilson 46 (36 balls)

Last Wicket: Jayaratne b. Sisk 40 (FOW: 80/1)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got hammered, as expect, by Chewbacca Defence today in the cup. First time I've made round 4 though, I think.

Chewbacca Defence 2/305
Erasmus 2/65, Tedstone 0/51, Canning 0/53

Magical Ponies 68 (18.4)
Farmer 25 (42), Canning 13 (12), Thatcher 8 (21)

Magical Ponies Chewbacca Defence
Top Order: competent wonderful
Middle Order: respectable respectable
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: proficient exceptional
Spin Bowling: proficient superb
Fielding: woeful mediocre

Sold out my ground at least, will be looking to upgrade as soon as I get a decent amount in the bank (up to 529k now).

PY

International Coach
Walloped 345/3 and got them 26/4. Think should be OK from here, barring a huge upset.

Moodley is turning into somewhat of a power hitter at the end of an innings with scores of (against non-bot teams):

81* (69)
73 (62)
77* (42)

Liking it. :)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Looks like I amassed a mammoth 404-2 against my cup opponents today, which is my highest score by such a large margin it isn't funny. :blink:

Don't know who scored how much though, so I'll have to wait for the match to end.

End of Over 22: 88-8, runrate=4.00, reqrunrate=11.32 (404-2)
Gerhard 6-1-33-2
Singh* 8 (15 balls)
Ahmed 0 (1 balls)

EDIT: 22.4 W Malik to Ahmed
Ahmed has managed to edge that slider onto his foot, and it loops behind where Padayachie decides to demonstrate that his football skills are better. He juggles the ball a couple of times with his feet before finally catching it!

Only a matter of time now.

EDIT: And that's the end of the match. Citizens Erased won by 310 runs.
Citizens Erased 404-2
UPHORIA OF DARK 94-10

Now for the scorecard and ratings. Can't believe I scored that much on a TIE, though.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Why don't you just click on the full commentary link at the bottom and scroll down? :unsure: :p

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Smashed by Altoz, just quietly. Pretty much as expected. My bowling attack is very ineffective...
Good game mate as i wanted to try few stuff and was happy with a successful result, although i was quite worried when your top order was quite solid in the start.

Reporter's Summary
Tawonga Tigers Alternative XI
Top Order: feeble mediocre
Middle Order: feeble feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble competent
Spin Bowling: feeble mediocre
Fielding: woeful woeful
MOTM: Mcintosh

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ridiculous MOTM in Dwyer's game.

Central Districts 5/293
Munroe 129 (137)
Heads 67 (80)
Herd 54 (46)
Hook 3/33 (10)

Victoria Panthers 187 a.o.
Darryl 66 (105)
Bertos 51 (48)
Seneviratne 2/31 (10) [Including an exceptional/masterful batsman]
Viduka 3/29

Code:
  		Victoria Panthers  	Central Districts
Top Order: 	strong 			competent
Middle Order: 	woeful 			mediocre
Lower Order: 	worthless 		abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	mediocre 		respectable
Spin Bowling: 	proficient 		respectable
Fielding: 	woeful 			feeble
Seneviratne and Munroe won me the match. Everyone else was pretty much ineffectual.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Why don't you just click on the full commentary link at the bottom and scroll down? :unsure: :p
Too lazy. :p

Reporter's Summary
Citizens Erased
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: woeful
MOTM: Chanderpaul

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Nah, I get it now! So 8500-8700 new capacity would be a good upgrade?
That'd be the ideal size, but that'd require you to demolish some standing room, which strikes me as kind of pointless since you'll only need it again in the future. So aim for something like:

5000 standing (no point demolishing any)
3500 seated (2100 extra)
1000 covered (1000 extra)
350 members (250 extra)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Not doing that bad in my cup match, getting smashed, but repectably smashed.

End of Over 25: 113-4, runrate=4.52, reqrunrate=8.68 (329-4)
Vanniarachchi 3-0-3-0
Ferrier* 19 (30 balls)
Muralitharan 16 (28 balls)

Last Wicket: Obeysekera c. Wilson b. Lambert 2 (FOW: 81/4)

Target One: Keep them under 400 (check)
Target Two: Keep them under 350 (check)
Target Three: Get there remarkable top order batsmen out (not sure, got 4 wickets so atleast got two)
Target Four: Score over 100 (check)
Target Five: Score over 150 (38 runs away)
Target Six: Score over 200 (88 runs away)

I think im a good shot at target five, six is unlikely but you never know.

andyc

Yeah, going by those ratings, you'd have thought Dwyer would've won a fairly close match.

Bobisback

International Regular
Need to buy some middle order batsmen one feels, once your top order falls it seems the game is over.
I lost against Rodgie because my best bat (By ratings, not by average, Hocking takes the cake there) scored 67(84). He was set to very aggressive too. Also i need 29 off the last 18 balls and my team decided to push singles getting 11 runs off the next 12 balls, which we all know is common in Battrick, though wouldnt happen in a real life match.

For sure i need some middle order bats, but they can hold their own in my league, and thats all i need, they also put on some quick runs against Rodgie. I think that Med middle order is more then enough in my Div V league, and probably good enough if i went up to Div IV. What i really need are some bowlers to back up Poke and Wikus.

Code:
Name 		O 	M 	R 	W 	nb 	wd
Naylor  	10  	0  	86  	0  	1  	1
Stuff like that is not good enough, although Wikus and Poke did go for around 6 an over themselves.

So my aims right now are, continue training up Hocking, Hiller, Poke and Wikus, and next season get a bowling trainee or two, and maybe save for a good #4 bat.

Johnners

Mediocre anything isn't good enough in div IV imo. I only had a mediocre top & middle order for all barring the last 2 games last season when i was in div IV and it wasn't nearly good enough as i was dismissed for under 200 most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.