• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can anyone tell me how far away these two players are from popping? THey're both on 1 batting net.

Matthew Siyabonga (981847)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 9,116
Wages: £1,796 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Visvadinu Livera (980360)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 4,616
Wages: £583 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bowling an insane amount of extras. Will seriously clock up about 25 for the match. Not cool.

24 extras after 31 overs. A-whaa? My wicket-keeper just popped to competent and my bowlers have good secondaries. And they`ve never done this before. Horrible.

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
had them at 2 for 2

End of Over 31: 154-3, runrate=4.97
Oneil 9-0-32-1
Mcdougal* 26 (51 balls)
Holt 89 (84 balls)

Last Wicket: Clemence c. Elvins b. Oneil 36 (FOW: 96/3)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 33: 219-1, runrate=6.64
Pilkington 7-0-35-0
Gray* 121 (98 balls)
Bhutia 77 (86 balls)
Last Wicket: Mcmillan lbw b. Bodkin 12 (FOW: 36/1)

Lost Mcmillan early but these two have consolidated well. We're doing well but I'm worried about their stamina once we hit the 40 over mark - I don't want to limp to something like 60 off the last 10, I want these two to dominate.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 33: 166-4, runrate=5.03
Karthikeyan 7-0-45-1
Baker* 3 (3 balls)
Maughan 43 (50 balls)

Cracked pitch, so this is winnable, but i assume ill be bowled out for like 200. I should win on ratings, but i think ive only ever beat these guys once, maybe never.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
27 after 33. Killing me. What have I done wrong? This is the second time I haven`t given Steyn a keeping net, and the match after I`ve conceeded a lot of extras, maybe that`s it. But this is ridiculous.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Two of my bowlers making their league debuts against SKW and getting hammered. Always seems to happen, even when they have superior attributes to the guys they are replacing.

Anyway, in good shape to win my match regardless. SKW 4/151 after 38. Given the likelyhood of a collapse, they aren't likely to make much more than 230 or so, which should be chasable, given their bowling is definitely the weaker part of their game. Woeful seam bowling and useless spin bowling in their last match.

Bobisback

International Regular
40.3 W Patton to Ubaid
Ditman has taken a blinder. Simply brilliant work behind the stumps.
40.2 W Patton to Braniff
It's in the air, I think Atkins is just too far away.....no, he's caught it! Atkins went down in a tangle of arms and legs and came up holding the ball! Brilliant!
40.1 W Patton to Maughan
Maughan went for the pull shot, but got the top edge. Both the keeper and the fielder went for it but it ended up in Ditman's gloves.

last 10 overs, collapse, yeah.

ash chaulk

International Captain
nice collapse gives fleming his first 5 fa

48.6 W Fleming to East
And that's out! Beautiful delivery, just a little movement away and a regulation caught behind for Berry.
48.5 . Fleming to East
Nice shot on the on side but beautifully pounced on by Kenna to stop the quick single.
48.4 W Fleming to Nile
The ball keeps low and shoots into middle stump, Nile glares at the pitch and he trudges back to the pavilion.
48.3 W Fleming to Jackson
He could have walked for that one! So plumb in front that the umpire was embarrassed for him. That's out!
48.2 W Fleming to Lebenthle
That's plumb! The ball stayed low and struck the pad in line. The umpire was left with no other choice but to give him.
48.1 1 Fleming to Small
Played out to square leg for the single.

End of Over 49: 247-10, runrate=5.04
Fleming 10-0-61-5
Small* 4 (4 balls)

Status
Not open for further replies.