• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith,

I challenged you at your home ground, Also if you would like to have a mid game discussion on MSN feel free to unblock me or add me again on rusty_492@hotmail.com.

Kurt your win against Bocaj was a good oen especially against his new gun allrounder. Any special tactics?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Honest mistakes can still be funny. :)

Thoughts on this man? How much do you think he`s worth, and is he at all an asset to my team, keeping in mind how lousy my team is.

William Bambatha - 22 yo, BT Rating=4,098

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honest mistakes can still be funny. :)

Thoughts on this man? How much do you think he`s worth, and is he at all an asset to my team, keeping in mind how lousy my team is.

William Bambatha - 22 yo, BT Rating=4,098

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Maybe worth 20k, you'd be better off with a solid competent. The concentration will make him fairly useless.

nibbs

International Captain
What's so funny it was an honest mistake?
lol, lets not forget that my batsmen are made of stern stuff. as good as spillane is, he can only bowl for up to 10 overs. jacob's other 4 bowlers didn't seem to trouble my batsmen as much. all in all, a pleasing result.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Smith,

I challenged you at your home ground, Also if you would like to have a mid game discussion on MSN feel free to unblock me or add me again on rusty_492@hotmail.com.

Kurt your win against Bocaj was a good oen especially against his new gun allrounder. Any special tactics?
You couldn't have challenged me as I already accepted a friendly with Chaulk (as I'd promised him one last week and forgot)

EDIT: Hmm, I recieved the challenge and decided it'd be fun to see what happened if I accepted it. Nothing did and I still have a match against Viveash on the the 7th.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Hmm, 41, 40 and 34 off the final 5 overs in the 3 NT matches with big scores (around 300 with wickets in hand). I'm guessing D/L would predict 50+ for each match over the same interval.

Anyway put in a 4.5m bid for this guy:

Robbie Woozley (107065)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A steady player with superb leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Plays For: LeicesterNNA
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 111,744
Wages: £19,482 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: quality

I need bowler(s) but well there aren't any and there are several big names asking for gun bowlers in the wanted thread. If I don't bid I can't get bargains so... hopefully the reasonably high wages will scare people off. I figure they'll probably be around 30k when they update.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
This guys on the market and going for an insane price surely a record amount?

Damian Mee (435028)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Milton's XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 97,323
Wages: £22,690 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: sensational Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: superb

£10,404,002 at the moment

Scaly piscine

Hmm a tied game in the World Cup and I got an initial bid on Khuliso for 2.3m. Ah I do like the transfer market - except for when people outbid me in the last few seconds.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Hmm a tied game in the World Cup and I got an initial bid on Khuliso for 2.3m. Ah I do like the transfer market - except for when people outbid me in the last few seconds.
That gives me the ****s as well and then when they rebid again they wait right until 30 seconds of the deadline, its so bloody frustrating :@

Status
Not open for further replies.