• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another one of the Don's Deathbed revelations!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, he doesn't - so to have outright offensive posts like that annoy him, and the rest of the Staff and Mods on here.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Camel56 said:
Uncalled for perhaps but probably a fairly accurate assessment.
And that kind of comment seems to be the sort of thing you approve of when someone cant see your point of view. Reading over this thread, the amount of ridiculous calls you make are astonishing.

Camel56 said:
The fact is, you are a dribbler with nothing better to do but sit on the internet talking cricket 24/7. I know it, you know it and im sure most other people here know it.
If this was true, which it isnt by the way, what would be the problem with it? Devoting time to the discussion of one of the great sports of the world is a fine pastime for anyone who has a passion for cricket. And as for calling Richard a dribbler, thats just rubbish, the amount of knowledge and thought that Richard has on this game can clearly be seen on his posts about cricket. Ridiculous insults to others who cant see your way of thinking will give you no respect on this forum.

Camel56

Banned
There is a point where a healthy following of this great games becomes an unhealthy obsession. Richo has well and truely passed it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KennyD said:
the amount of knowledge and thought that Richard has on this game can clearly be seen on his posts about cricket.
Statistics maybe, knowledge is dubious given that you have to have some understanding of the game to be knowledgeable about it in the first place. I still say he is the John Motson of CW (Motson = long-winded rambling British football commentator always brings up lots of useless statistics, points out the blindingly obvious every so often to stop himself looking like a complete crackpot).

Slats4ever

Camel56 said:
There is a point where a healthy following of this great games becomes an unhealthy obsession. Richo has well and truely passed it.
You're going home in the back of the paddy van

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Statistics maybe, knowledge is dubious given that you have to have some understanding of the game to be knowledgeable about it in the first place. I still say he is the John Motson of CW (Motson = long-winded rambling British football commentator always brings up lots of useless statistics, points out the blindingly obvious every so often to stop himself looking like a complete crackpot).
Ahhh, sounds like Kiwi rugby commentator Keith Quinn.

KennyD

Camel56 said:
Well, you could say it nicer, like saying his is cricket knowledgly anal retentive.

The Baconator

no one on cricketweb has an unhealthy obsession with the game
it seems you are getting knowledge and opinions mixed up with obsession

PY

International Coach
SJS said:
I dont know if you people have noticed it, but there is a level of decency and decorum on this forum which is hardly ever crossed. When it is, its by those who are new here. We welcome new comers with open arms but do not expect them to bring down the level of debate or use language that is not encouraged on this forum. I think, you gentlemen will have to decide whether these unsaid 'laws' are palatable to you or not.

I am sure, I speak on behalf of all the forum regulars.

Thanks for your attention.
Amen, another post of quality from the School Of SJS.

Couldn't have put it better myself. There is a line of decency which people wouldn't cross if they didn't know someone in real life so why cross it here? Just no need. And if people don't like the fact that it isn't welcome then tough. Don't bother logging on then.

This also applies to people calling each other sad for knowing about cricket.....ermm.....a quick check of the address says it's a cricket forum so I'd hope that most would have a knowledge of the game we're all here to talk about.

Having said that, it was fairly amusing way of expressing your distaste for people overhyping Bradman's views.

Camel56

Banned
The Baconator said:
no one on cricketweb has an unhealthy obsession with the game
it seems you are getting knowledge and opinions mixed up with obsession

no im not getting them mixed up at all. Obsession is someone like Richo who sits on here 24/7 posting his opinions. Loving the game is great but when you obsess over it to the exclusion of everything else, thats not so great.

KennyD

Camel56 said:
no im not getting them mixed up at all. Obsession is someone like Richo who sits on here 24/7 posting his opinions. Loving the game is great but when you obsess over it to the exclusion of everything else, thats not so great.
Ok, lets say he is obsessed, unhealthly obsessed if you will, which I dont believe he is, I mean, its not like he stalks cricket players or anything, but if he was, I dont see how it should be of any concern to others how he spends his time. If he wishes to come on here alot, thats fine, personally I enjoy reading him, and always will until he breaks forum rules.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Camel56 said:
I dont need to give the likes of you any evidence of my prowess on the cricket field. You will see in good time how good i am.
The fact is, you are a dribbler with nothing better to do but sit on the internet talking cricket 24/7. I know it, you know it and im sure most other people here know it.
I'm sure most other people here know that you are nothing but a wannabe comedian\top-class cricketer. And someone making a very poor attempt to persuade us here that you're up to either of them.
If I talk cricket on the internet more than most, then that's just tough, and it's also nothing close to 24\7 - maybe more like 8\5. People who can't accept that there's nothing wrong with that have to a) resort to making stupid exaggerations (such as the 24\7 bit) and b) resort to baseless insults and attempted mocking.
And despite all that, I've got the better of you every time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
And this one clearly has far less knowledge and understanding of the game than most of the rest of this forum.
As demonstrated by, for instance, the massive overrating of the current Zimbabwean side, and the lack of understanding of what constitutes "mediocre".

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Camel56 said:
I dont need to give the likes of you any evidence of my prowess on the cricket field. You will see in good time how good i am.

You're digging yourself a hole, and doing some uphill gardening there mate. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom - Neil has told us there will be no more reference to that phrase. :p
Seriously - if no-one else uses the thing it's an easier way to get the fool estranged, isn't it? :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No surprises you didn't see it - you haven't been around enough recently to see all you might wish to see... :p

Camel56

Banned
Richard said:
I'm sure most other people here know that you are nothing but a wannabe comedian\top-class cricketer. And someone making a very poor attempt to persuade us here that you're up to either of them.
If I talk cricket on the internet more than most, then that's just tough, and it's also nothing close to 24\7 - maybe more like 8\5. People who can't accept that there's nothing wrong with that have to a) resort to making stupid exaggerations (such as the 24\7 bit) and b) resort to baseless insults and attempted mocking.
And despite all that, I've got the better of you every time.

Let me assure you Richo, you havnt even come close to getting the better of me even once.
8 hours per day, 5 days a week? My god you need to get outside some more. You'll get DVT sitting at that computer so much.