• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Aussie - Another Honest Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
koch_cha said:
if Mc grath was playing for any sub continent country
he would have played only half the game that he has played upto now for australia.he would have got that many bans by now
Rubbish

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
No, because it wasn't intentional - with the cameras around, why would anyone do that?
Who cares about the intentions ? How does the following sound :-

There was conclusive evidence to prove that Langer did what he was accused of doing.... As to whether he did it intentionally or not is something that we would never know, and we have to believe whatever we want. .

Your double standards are unfathomable :rolleyes:

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?threadid=6416&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
What is this "keep" in here?

It's the first for a long time that I can remember.
You must have a very short memory. Here is one more :-

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/30/1072546535274.html?from=storyrhs

"The laws of the game say you cannot tamper with the pitch," Ganguly said. "You know what's happened, you know whether it's right or wrong."

But he conceded he did not notice a difference in the crack from day four to five, while host captain Steve Waugh put it down to "an honest mistake".

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
You must have a very short memory. Here is one more :-

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/30/1072546535274.html?from=storyrhs

"The laws of the game say you cannot tamper with the pitch," Ganguly said. "You know what's happened, you know whether it's right or wrong."

But he conceded he did not notice a difference in the crack from day four to five, while host captain Steve Waugh put it down to "an honest mistake".
I don't remember this, the match referee said that there was nothing wrong done and Ganguly didn't even notice a difference.

So that's enough to make it "keep" then is it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So you'd ban him for an accident which did no damage then?
Who decides if it was an accident or not ? One person, the match refree and it is upto him to decide the intentions of the player. If Lloyd was there in place of Broad, I am sure the decision would have been different. If Langer was so innocent then why was he even given a warning ?

So if Dravid didn't tamper with or alter the ball, pray tell me why he was fined and the ball was changed then, or are you going to play the race card again?
Stop assuming things and read my post on that thread - I never played the race card. I have never said that the ICC is biased. I am questioning the Aussie way of reacting, every time they do something wrong, it becomes an honest mistake.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I don't remember this, the match referee said that there was nothing wrong done and Ganguly didn't even notice a difference.
Typical Double standards here :-

If there was nothing wrong done then why did Steve Waugh termed it as an 'Honest Mistake' ??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm sorry but the apparent racism in this thread is quite out of order (I know it started as a bit of a jape, but now....)

Anyone can play the google game - and idiocy is not a respecter of borders.

Consider the following.... 'Honest mistake' prefixed by a nationality.

Australian - 41100
English - 274000
Indian - 82200
American - 322000

Let that be an end to it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Because there was no wrong done - had there been, he'd have been charged for something.
Are you telling me that dislodging the bails is right ??

I hope he does it again.:lol: :lol: He wont be so lucky this time.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Are you telling me that dislodging the bails is right ??

I hope he does it again.:lol: :lol: He wont be so lucky this time.
If it's accidental - then yes, it's quite all right. Now go and find another axe to grind - this one is blunt.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
I'm sorry but the apparent racism in this thread is quite out of order (I know it started as a bit of a jape, but now....)
When did the word 'Aussie' become a race ? I am merely pointing at the fact that Australians are running out of this 'Honest Mistake' excuse fast.

1. They tamper the pitch - Honest mistake
2. They dislodge the bail - Honest Mistake
3. Warnie takes steroid - Honest Misake.
4. Mcgrath Abuses Sarwan - Honest Mistake

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
If it's accidental - then yes, it's quite all right. Now go and find another axe to grind - this one is blunt.
Accidental. :lol: :lol: I am sure it was.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
indianreligion said:
marc....they do keep makin these honest mistakes
You what?

Warne was guilty and was condemned for it - nobody said that was an honest mistake, and what the hell has the Catholic Church got to do with anything - let alone it's 2 years ago.

What a great deal of evidence that is...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
1. They tamper the pitch - Honest mistake
2. They dislodge the bail - Honest Mistake
3. Warnie takes steroid - Honest Misake.
4. Mcgrath Abuses Sarwan - Honest Mistake
Except, neither 3 nor 4 were claimed as anything but what they were.

Number's 1 and 2 saw no wrongdoing being committed according to the match referee, so are you acusing them of lying now?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Except, neither 3 nor 4 were claimed as anything but what they were.
First No. 3 -

Shane Warne's long-time mentor Terry Jenner and his close friend and Victorian captain Darren Berry were adamant last night the leg spinner's failed drugs test was the result of an honest mistake.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/11/1044927598967.html

Now No. 4 - Even the aussie PM supported Mcgrath ;)

Referring to McGrath's fury, Waugh said: "He [McGrath] probably misinterpreted it. Ramnaresh Sarwan hasn't got a mean bone in his body. He's a great guy. It's a moment all the players regret, we wish it hadn't happened but it did."

Number's 1 and 2 saw no wrongdoing being committed according to the match referee, so are you acusing them of lying now?
If they are not wrongdoing then why they are called Honest Mistakes. And no I am not accusing match referee of lying, I think they were lenient both the times. That is the reason I said Langer got away with his act. Everyone say Langer dislodging the bails, only he didn't see it and quite surprisingly none of his team mates saw it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Have you got evidence to the contrary?

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?
Until Proven guilty, I dare Langer to do the same mistake again and this time he wont be so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.