• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

an ode to Neil Wagner

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
to the tune of Katy Perry's "Roar"

Verse

I used to bowl it on a good length

Pitch it up and hope that it swings

Didn’t get many wickets

Through good cricket

Couldn’t hit the seam to save my life

Southee thought I had a hot wife

Being a third seamer

Isn’t every bowlers dream

Bridge

I sent one down

And it bounced up

Hit the splice and squared him up

Hear that sound, hear the crowd

Stare him down then turn around

The batsman ducks under the ball

Thinks I haven’t got a chance at all

But I can tell, I can smell

Got ten overs left in this spell

Chorus

I’ve pissed off the umpire, tryin’

To bowl all these bouncers

Cos I am Neil Wagner

And you’re gonna hear me roarrrrrrr

Attachments

Bijed

International Regular
Beautiful. I'd generally expect an ode to a player to be longer than this, but in true Wagner fashion you kept it short

Athlai

Not Terrible
Does Wagner have abilities?
What Wagner does have, is a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If you let this thread go now, that’ll be the end of it. He won’t look for you, he will not pursue you. But if you don’t. He will look for you. He will find you. And he will bowl short to you.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Beats the “We Cheat At Cricket” song ... keep this up and you’ll land yourself a job at a radio station.