• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time India XI game

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This was India list in Nufan's exercise as of April 2018. Anyone interested to get the current ATG bowlers in to this list?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, these games were fun whilst they lasted. Nufers killed it with these threads.

Surely Bumrah walks into the first XI?

Edit: Rohit's stock must have risen considerably since as well.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, these games were fun whilst they lasted. Nufers killed it with these threads.

Yes, this was my most favorite activity ever in CW. Absolutely loved it. Had a look at the other teams as well now. No major changes in the other countries XI. Steve Smith rightfully in A XI at that time itself.

Rohit's stock rise is very short term. Just the past series. Need to find out how he will do as an opener overseas before moving him up the pedestal.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah bumrah would be in the first xi if this was done now. Shami would be higher than the c xi too.

ataraxia

International Coach
I would love to do stuff like this. Personally I think Bumrah belongs in B or C. He hasn't proved his worth at home against quality opposition yet.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Throwing up an indian AT first class XI of players who could not make it big in test cricket(some due to lack of opportunities,some not being good enough)

Vijay Merchant
Wasim Jaffer
Sanjay Manjrekar
Hrishikesh Kanitkar
Ajay Sharma
Dinesh Karthick
Amar Singh
Mohammad Nissar
Padmakar Shivalkar
Rajinder Goel
V V Kumar

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
What about Saha ? Has he done enough to go up a team now ? I feel so. Pant also should figure somewhere in those teams now.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
India XIIndia A XIIndia B XIIndia C XIIndia D XIIndia E XIIndia F XIIndia G XIIndia H XIIndia I XI
1 Sunil Gavaskar1 Vijay Merchant1 Gautum Gambhir1 Ravi Shastri1 Madhav Apte1 Motganhalli Jaismha1 Sandagoppan Ramesh1 Chetan Chauhan1 Mushtaq Ali1 Shiv Sunder Das
2 Virender Sehwag2 Navjot Sidhu2 Murali Vijay2 Shikhar Dhawan2 Pankaj Roy2 Lokesh Rahul2 Wasim Jaffer2 Kris Srikkanth2 Anshuman Gaekwad2 Akash Chopra
3 Rahul Dravid3 Mohinder Amarnath3 Gundappa Viswanath3 Cheteshwar Pujara3 Dilip Sardesai3 C.K Nayudu*3 Sanjay Manjrekar3 Ajit Wadekar3 Brijesh Patel3 Yashpal Sharma
4 Sachin Tendulkar4 Vijay Hazare*4 Mohammad Azharuddin4 Ajinkya Rahane4 Chandu Borde4 Nari Contractor4 Rusi Modi4 Yashpal Sharma4 Pravin Amre4 Mohammad Kaif
5 Virat Kohli5 VVS Laxman5 Dilip Vengsarkar5 Vijay Manjrekar5 Vinod Kambli5 Rohit Sharma5 Yuvraj Singh5 Sandeep Patil5 Nawab of Pataudi Sr5 Hemu Adhikari
6 Vinoo Mankad6 Polly Umrigar6 Saurav Ganguly*6 Nawab of Pataudi*6 Lala Armanath*6 Dattu Phadkar6 Manoj Prabhakar6 Salim Durani6 Ajay Sharma6 Eknath Solkar
7 MS Dhoni+7 Ravi Ashwin7 Farokh Engineer+7 Wriddhiman Saha+7 Budhi Kunderan+7 Bapu Nadkarni7 Nayan Mongia+7 Parthiv Patel+7 Madan Lal7 Chandrakant Pandit+
8 Kapil Dev*8 Syed Kirmani+8 Bhuvneshwar Kumar8 Ravi Jadeja8 Irfan Pathan8 Kiran More+8 Chetan Sharma8 Ramakant Desai8 Kuldeep Yadav8 Gulabrai Ramchand*
9 Anil Kumble9 Amar Singh9 Zaheer Khan9 Harbhajan Singh9 Karsan Ghavri9 Roger Binny9 Praveen Kumar9 Pragyan Ojha9 Shivlal Yadav9 Syed Abid Ali
10 Javagal Srinath10 Bishan Bedi10 Erapalli Prasanna10 Mohammed Shami10 Umesh Yadav10 Venkatesh Prasad10 Srinivas Venkataraghavan10 Jasprit Bumrah10 Naren Tamhane+10 Murali Kartik
11 Subhash Gupte11 Mohammad Nisar11 Bhagwat Chandrasekhar11 Ishant Sharma11 Dilip Doshi11 Ghulam Ahmed11 Venkatapathy Raju11 Narendra Hirwani11 Shanthakumaran Sreesanth11 Jasubhai Patel

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi all, I plan to re-start this exercise with a promotion-demotion plan.

We start with India XI and then go on. The number of promoted and demoted players that you suggest should be the same. The demoted players go to the next team and if the next team has say 14 players, then 3 players from there get demoted to the next team again, and so on.

If many are interested, I can do this. Please let me know.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok I will start off the exercise. If there are more than 5 voters interested, I will update the table.

Starting with India XI

Promoted players: Ashwin, Bumrah, Jadeja
Demoted players: Subhash Gupte, Srinath, Vinoo Mankad

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Ok I will start off the exercise. If there are more than 5 voters interested, I will update the table.

Starting with India XI

I’d take Rohit Sharma over the crop in the second XI opening

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Starting with India XI

Promoted: Ashwin, Bumrah, Jadeja, Pant
Demoted: Kumble, Srinath, Mankad, Dhoni