• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And while Harris was picked already, Reid who was a left armer with a virtually identical record has not yet been picked.

The beauty of this game is learning a bit more about the guys from yesteryear who were good without being great.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks again Starfighter for the updated list.

Reid vs Harris is interesting for sure. I guess Harris was picked a little early for someone with so few Tests from this era.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Harris could bat and did remarkably well for someone without sheer pace on mostly flat decks

Chappelli

Bill Brown and Warren Bardsley

Merv Hughes and Bruce Reid

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nufan, can you start threads for other countries too? Not sure if other countries will have good D or E teams but am interested to see how those teams fare against this Aussie D and E teams.

If not for each country, probably subcontinent's A, B, C etc teams can be done.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nufan, can you start threads for other countries too? Not sure if other countries will have good D or E teams but am interested to see how those teams fare against this Aussie D and E teams.

I can I guess but not even halfway through this yet.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year

I too would like to see this, but probably best to wait until we're done here.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia D XI
1 D Warner
2 S Barnes
3 I Chappell c
4 D Martyn
5 M Waugh
6 W Armstrong
7 J Gregory
8 D Tallon+
9 H Trumble
10 C McDermott
11 T Alderman

Australia E XI
1 M Taylor
2 W Bardsley
9 M Hughes
10 S MacGill
11 B Reid

Slater and Bardsley was a tie and while I know the Wagga Wagga boys were an excellent partnership, Bardsley was classy and deserves this spot IMO.

Again had to make a choice between Hughes and McDonald. McDonalds entire career lasted under 12 months and his average isnt terrific, i cant pick him.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jones, O'Neill

Grout

I reckon we should stop at eleven XI's. That's 121 players which is a bit over one quarter of our total test caps (451). Sixteen is overkill.

Edit: reminder to nominate Herbie Collins and Jack Ryder at some point.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
David Boon
Norman O'Neill

Jack Blackham (I'm nothing if not persistent...)

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
David Boon and Norm O'Neill
Wally Grout

And I reckon go for the 16 originally mentioned.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
My turn to admit forgetfulness - I thought Boon had already gone. Have edited my selection to have him at first drop.