• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian XI game

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
- Select Harris opening bowling partner
- Name the teams wicket keeper
- Select the teams number 4 and 5.

For the first time so far the bowlers weve picked at the start can hold a bat so I dont think batting is much of a factor for the next 2 main bowlers.
- Merv Hughes
- Bert Oldfield
- Hassett and Hussey

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
- Select Harris opening bowling partner
- Name the teams wicket keeper
- Select the teams number 4 and 5.

For the first time so far the bowlers weve picked at the start can hold a bat so I dont think batting is much of a factor for the next 2 main bowlers.
McDermott
Oldfield
Hassett and Hussey

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Bill Johnston (was perfectly good taking the new ball, and a genuine all-arounder too, what with averaging 102 on an Ashes tour...)

Jack Blackham behind the stumps.

Hassett and Hussey at 4/5.

stephen

McDermott, who seems to be criminally underrated.

Haddin, who followed up Gilly as well as can possibly be expected.

Hussey
Martyn, perennial scapegoat and forgotten key man for the great sides of the early 00s.

Starfighter

Australia B XI

Starfighter, teams do look better with full initials but im often on my Oppo so cbf checking all middle names.
Ah, you noticed. I was really trying to see if I could remember them off the top of my head. Got all the way down to Marsh.

Jarquis

Pretty interesting comparing the rankings of Australian players against one another with where they placed when we did this years ago...

Tallon was regarded as better than Healy

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia C XI
1 W Woodfull
2 J Langer
3 C Macartney
4 L Hassett
5 M Hussey
7 R Benaud
8 B Oldfield
9 R Harris
10 G McKenzie

Hussey and Hassett combine for 19 of 22 votes. Huss actually won with 10 but it just makes sense to have Hassett ahead in the batting order. Both have better averages in the spots I have placed them.

Oldfield the clear winner.

Bowling was a tie between McKenzie and Gregory. I just think that Garth was the better bowler so went for him. Of couse Gregory has batting, so perhaps he fits the 6.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Pick the final 2 to fit the Aus C team.
- Name your Aussie D wicketkeeper

Curious what combo wins this. Will Second spinner get a game, will 6 be a pure bat or all rounder..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good call from Teuton for selecting Hassett. Get the feeling that some forgot about him.

I really like this team btw. It feels like batting fits nicely so far.