• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian ODI XI game

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
Similar to Nufan's Test XI game but for ODI's
Australian ODI Cricket
1. Select two best opening batsman
2. Select your number three batsman
3. Select your two opening bowlers

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Watson Ponting McGrath Starc - are locks. The other opener is tricky. I dont think they have had a better wicket-keeper bat than Gilly but I also dont think Gilly is a better ODI bat than Warner. But my rule is if you are unable to decide between two choices, always go for the player with more skills to contribute to the game, esp. in LO cricket. So Gilly it is.

Gilchrist
Watson
Ponting
-
-
-
-
-
Starc
-
McGrath

Flem274*

123/5
I generally prefer Watson at 7 like in the 07 wc. No debate he's a great opener, but it's how I balance my personal eleven.

Gilly
Waugh M

Ponting

Starc
McGrath

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I generally prefer Watson at 7 like in the 07 wc. No debate he's a great opener, but it's how I balance my personal eleven.

Gilly
Waugh M

Ponting

Starc
McGrath
Yeah I thought long and hard about Watto at 7 instead too. I think we'd get more out of Waugh than Hussey but Watto was a better opener than he was a 7 so I went the way I did. A real 50/50 call though.

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
Watson just about finishes ahead of Warner and Waugh
1) Select the batsman at four and five
2) Select the third bowler