• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

African FC/Test draft

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I think there's an elephant in the room; and that's the fact that many a player here have played 100s of years ago, and well..... Some of them were quite racist. To begin with, SA struggled with racism probably more than any other country and the government even followed a racially oppressive regime even in the 90s. For example, Jimmy Blackenberg was a known racist who has expressed disdain towards the idea of sharing the field with Black Africans many a time and even had refused to shake hands with both Headley and Constantine on two separate occasions. It would be interesting seeing him play under Bavuma.....

kingkallis

International Coach
Krypto's XI

Peter Kirsten /
Qasim Umar /
Herbie Taylor /
Allan Lamb /
Basil D'Oliveira / o
Andy Flower / +
Adrian Kuiper / o
Kenny Watson o (10th Round Pick)
Godfrey Lawrence o
Rupert Hanley o

I will pick if I am allowed on behald of Krypto to round off the playing XI

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Krypto's XI

Peter Kirsten /
Qasim Umar /
Herbie Taylor /
Allan Lamb /
Basil D'Oliveira / o
Andy Flower / +
Adrian Kuiper / o
Kenny Watson o (10th Round Pick)
Godfrey Lawrence o
Rupert Hanley o

I will pick if I am allowed on behald of Krypto to round off the playing XI
Go for it.

kingkallis

International Coach
Charles Llewellyn to complete the team

Krypto's XI

Peter Kirsten /
Qasim Umar /
Herbie Taylor /
Allan Lamb /
Basil D'Oliveira / o (6)
Andy Flower / +
Adrian Kuiper / o (5)
Charles Llewellyn o / (4)
Kenny Watson o (3)
Godfrey Lawrence o (2)
Rupert Hanley o (1)

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
He do have Kuiper though.... Krypto has a habit of taking a part time spinner and going with a 4 man pace attack.
I dont consider Kuiper to be an offie though. Eksteen, Boje, Symcox, Ray Price are my players for the spinner role. If Eksteen is taken then Boje since this player will have to bat at No.8 as well so cant pick Tahir.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I dont consider Kuiper to be an offie though. Eksteen, Boje, Symcox, Ray Price are my players for the spinner role. If Eksteen is taken then Boje since this player will have to bat at No.8 as well so cant pick Tahir.
Charles Llewellyn might also be considered; or Dik Abed.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Now what I have been waiting to do, a best of the rest team:

1. Hylton Ackerman
  2. Alviro Peterson
  3. Kevin McKenzie
  4. Russell Endean
  5. Eric Dalton
  6. Gordon White
  7. Tatenda Taibu (wk)
  8. Peter Swaart
  9. Dik Abed
  10. Sandy Bell
  11. Eric Peterson
Bench:
  1. Tony Pithey
  2. Roy Pienaar
  3. Sean Ervine
  4. Saiet Maagiet
  5. Kenneth Viljoen
  6. Duncan Fletcher
  7. Billy Wade (wk)
  8. Andrew Hall
  9. Richard Snell
  10. Athol Rowan
  11. J J Kotze
Sucks to be Robin Peterson, Boeta Dippenar, Jack Cheetham, Kevin Arnott, Alistair Campbell, Tufty Mann, Nicky Boje, Clive Eksteen, Imran Tahir, Joe Partridge, John Waddington, Arthur Langton, Sherwin Campbell, Ernest Halliwell, Nic Pothas, Andre Bruyns, Tommy Wade and especially Dave Richardson.

Last edited: