• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL Dream Team 2006

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha I had 6 players who didnt play this week, which resulted in me getting my lowest score ever if i recall correctly, 1226.

Lucky the real stuff doesnt start for a couple of weeks

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, 1467 and 1416 this week in Dream Team. Pretty poor, Benchy how on Earth did you and me have so many people missing in round 1? :ph34r:

1682 and 1599 for my Super Coach leagues, which is pretty average as well, but not as bad as my Dream Team one.

benchmark00

Jono said:
Yep, 1467 and 1416 this week in Dream Team. Pretty poor, Benchy how on Earth did you and me have so many people missing in round 1? :ph34r:

1682 and 1599 for my Super Coach leagues, which is pretty average as well, but not as bad as my Dream Team one.
The bloody thursday match threw me off, it meant the other teams werent selected before lockout, so i didnt know who was playing.

I was missing: N Ablett, Stafford, Hunt, Koschitzke, Thurstans and Lonergan.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
And Jack are you being serious or was that a joke, because I really gotta know :dry:
Serious. But he'll play games, they're just breaking him in a bit in the 2nds. But he won't string too many games together, the injury is reasonably "career threatening" as such.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Hey is Coach's Box turned on in our CW league, or did you turn it off Jack?
I thought it was turned on, and didn't start operation until when the actual games start.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
benchmark00 said:
The bloody thursday match threw me off, it meant the other teams werent selected before lockout, so i didnt know who was playing.

The first and last players there won't be playing too many games this year, I woulda thought.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Serious. But he'll play games, they're just breaking him in a bit in the 2nds. But he won't string too many games together, the injury is reasonably "career threatening" as such.
Damn it. I really feel like an idiot now. Before every dream team year I pick someone who I think will be a brilliant buy and will hence be in all my teams. Steve Johnson was my man this year, along with Drummond. One didn't even play round 1, and the other is injured in round 1. :(
vic_orthdox said:
I thought it was turned on, and didn't start operation until when the actual games start.
Nah, all other leagues I'm in have them. I think it is turned on after the league has 16 teams, and by my count our league does. Weird, unless I'm the only one that can't see it?
benchmark00 said:

Yeah I just had a glance at your team. Geez you'd be mighty peed off Koschitzke's injured, that's a lot of money wasted on him if he doesn't play for a while.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Nah, all other leagues I'm in have them. I think it is turned on after the league has 16 teams, and by my count our league does. Weird, unless I'm the only one that can't see it?
Hmm, maybe I did. If worst comes to worst, then one of us can just fire off an email.

Wait a second! What's the use of a "Coaches Box" if we have this thread anyways? :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hmmm, just went and checked my team. Forgot to name emergencies. Haddrill, Kenelly, Schofield, McDonald and Thurstans didn't play.

But I'm pretty confident about my bargain buys. Beau Waters and Wayde Skipper - not including 1st round draftees. Everyone knows them :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that's why I thought you turned it off, since you said in the first post of this thread that Coach's Box would now be useless :p

Anyway yeah the tech help guys on Dream Team are awesome, they reply pretty quick. Last year for some reason my mate couldn't see the Coach's Box in our league (and Coach's Box is VITAL! The amount of sledging and insults there was amazing) so he just sent an email and they fixed it up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Coaches Box working in mine.

Well played Mr. Borcich. Proving your inadequacy once more.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Alright so its just my account, I'll send an email.

I've heard a lot of things about Beau Waters being a bargain buy, and he's one of the most bought players going by the 'most popular' list. No surprise to see Marc Murphy one of the most popular.

David Rodan is the man to get, even if he did have a bad first round.

benchmark00

vic_orthdox said:
The first and last players there won't be playing too many games this year, I woulda thought.
Maybe not Abs, but im expecting a few games from Lonergan, he was flying in the pre season games that i saw.

Koschitzke is the ultimate heart breaker, he cant play 2 games in a row that bloke.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
1525 this week. Didn't help that 4 of my defenders didn't play.....luckily only 2 were selected. used the trading to fix that. Dissapointing with Browny and Brennan not doing too well, but the rest did all right.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Steve Johnson is back in Geelong's team for round 2!

I'll keep him in for now and see how he goes. :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can a Sydney fan, or just a general football observer, let me know why Kennelly isn't playing? And then tell Paul Roos that if Tadgh doesn't play, then Paul Bevan should be.

*shakes fist*

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Also, thoughts on the change to the emergency rule?

Personally, I think that how it has to be matching positions this year sucks. Really bad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No way, its a genius rule. The only problem with it was I didn't know about it until after lockout for round 1, so I thought my emergencies (which were my centres and forward) would cover Kennelly not playing in the back, which it obviously didn't.

However the rule is a great change because last year so many people would put a nobody that they know will never play a game throughout the season on their field (usually in their backline) and then have absolutel gun forwards or midfields on their emergencies. Hence they weren't really playing with 7 backs, 4 rucks, 4 centres and 7 forwards, they'd have 8 forwards, and maybe 5 centres. This rule prevents you from doing that, because a backman has to cover a backman, a centre has to cover a centre etc. Hence having a lot of players on your emergencies who are likely to play a game is even more vital this season than last year.

Regarding Kennelly, apparently he's got a shoulder injury and is not returning till round 5. He's in my dream team. :(