• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Milne

Flem274*

123/5
Cant believe theres a thread about a guy who bowled 90 mph in one over of a t20 and did nothing else.
Wider context. ;)

His First Class record has had a nice start, Adam Milne | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com and he has some ability with the ball.

I think he's a promising player to keep an eye on, and considering Kane Williamson had a thread as a 17 year old, this isn't OTT imo.

EDIT: Thread was created during the emotional high of seeing a promising CD bowler bowl 90mph on the world stage, I'll grant you.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a cricket forum, shock horror, people are getting excited over an exciting young prospect. 8-)

What's so bad about it?

tooextracool

International Coach
I dont think his performance against the Warriors is justification for this thread though. Sounds to me like you've been wanting to start this thread well before the tournament, which is fine.

I watched him bowl the other day and quite frankly other than being able to bowl at a brisk pace for his age he doesnt really look like anything special.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Cant believe theres a thread about a guy who bowled 90 mph in one over of a t20 and did nothing else.
We have a massive thread for a guy who has done nothing but make a Rocky training video so this is an extensive resume by comparison.

tooextracool

International Coach
This is a cricket forum, shock horror, people are getting excited over an exciting young prospect. 8-)

What's so bad about it?
Theres nothing wrong with it, but if you're going to start a thread on someone it seems to me completely illogical to talk up the performance of a guy who got pasted in all but 1 over.

Flem274*

123/5
Theres nothing wrong with it, but if you're going to start a thread on someone it seems to me completely illogical to talk up the performance of a guy who got pasted in all but 1 over.
Did you see that over though?

Was the most fun I've had watching an NZ bowler since Bond and O'Brien retired.

Flem274*

123/5
WW? :ph34r:

Premature thread though really, the kid has only played five domestic games afterall.
Not trying to cover up your betrayal of ND last night are you?:ph34r:

@peopleingeneral: Anyway, this thread was meant to be half serious talk half wafg etc. Jesus, with the ten thousand Flintoff and Pakistan threads, and considering Williamson had his own thread before he'd played a FC match and Atul Sharma doesn't exist, I didn't think making a thread on Adam Milne would cause so much pain and suffering to people's cricketwebbing.

I'll let you get back to ranting at Pakistan and debating whether Andrew Flintoff really was good at picking his nose.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Damn it, I know what Howsie is going to post.:p

Turns out after a quick check that Howsie's thread was after he played a game, but I'm sure he had a thread before he played FC. I remember the talk on here when he was 17.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Damn it, I know what Howsie is going to post.:p

Howsie's thread was after he played a game, but I'm sure he had a thread before he played FC. I remember the talk on here when he was 17.
A game? He'd almost finished his first domestic season :p Us ND fans aren't as desperate as your lot :p

irottev

U19 Cricketer
His action bothers me. I hope he can stay healthy. But yes pretty exciting
Bothers me too. Doesn't look the best if you wanted to avoid injury.

I seriously hope injuries don't destroy him. Seems to destroy every other promising bowler we get.

Last edited by a moderator:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
irottev, those kind of comments are completely inappropriate for a family forum like this one. I've edited out your post and deleted Flem's one which quoted it.

Polo23

International Debutant
How can a thread about a promising young cricketer on a cricket forum be premature?

The kid looks handy, not too many 18 year olds bowling that pace. I look forward to seeing how he does this FC season, should be a really interesting one. I love following the FC cricket season, wish it was televised.