• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ab V Kp

archie mac

International Coach
KP, Tresco & Freddi could all be 100% fit and England still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the WC.

Even if they got to the final, they'd probably get smeared all over the wall by Aus again. I have a horrid feeling that this WC is going to be extremely predictable.

Aus will win at a canter. WI will cause some sort of major upset (knock India out, most likely). Pakistan will look a million bucks, but then lose to a minor team and collapse in the Semi. SA will also look a million bucks, but contrive to turn a surefire victory into a totally bizarre, crushing and competition ending defeat in their by now trademark way. England will expect, like the Ashes, and they'll go home in tatters, Fletcher will resign.
You missed the last line 'and Tom Moody will be the new English coach'

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, yes, I forgot, no-one has ever assumed a Pakistani pitch might turn before, have they?

Have you checked-out Bishen Bedi's record in Pakistan?

Ironically, you could move the big red 'un down one and you'd find a far more folly-ridden pick...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With Blackwell there was at least the excuse of being a like-for-like Giles (supposedly, anyhow).

With Plunkett I struggle to this day to see how he deserved to be picked ahead of Anderson (even though you'd not have expected any seamers to make much headway on that pitch, though if Flintoff had caught MoYo you never know).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are you seriously capable of making a single post that does not involve humour of the ***ual-innuendo kind?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They must be pretty damn rare, then, because just about every single one I read seems to come down to that eventually.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe they are rare, or maybe you read what you want to read. Either way, I'm not worried. Let's not turn this thread into another fight.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who's fault was it last time?

Oh, and yes, I was using slight exaggeration when I said "every".

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
As I said, people got annoyed with it last time (and I believe we were equally at fault) - which is why I don't wish to pursue it - for the good of the forum. Fair enough?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"People got annoyed"? You mean Jack thought our threats about killing each other (yours, surprise surprise, behind a veil of wordplay) weren't 100% appropriate?