• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers Vs Rohit Sharma

jtrs

Cricket Spectator
AB de Villiers Vs Rohit Sharma Batting Comparison ✦ Centuries, Match, Runs, Highest, Records & More
AB De villiers vs Rohit Sharma.jpg

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
***** going to turn this into his eating thread and ruin another good cricket discussion
As far as I can remember he's only ever turned threads that you've started into eating threads so that means he's not ruined any good discussion

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not even a comparison in tests and T20s. In ODIs, Rohit gets those big scores occasionally because he opens but he's pedestrian other times. Would still have AB in my team because of his versatility and creativity. Overall, ABDV.

In simpler terms: ABDV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rohit

slippy888

International Captain
As far as I can remember he's only ever turned threads that you've started into eating threads so that means he's not ruined any good discussion
And why is this the case you must know you seem rather friendly with him the last few months

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And why is this the case you must know you seem rather friendly with him the last few months
Why does he feel the need to talk about food in your threads? Probably because every one is a pile of bollocks and pointless thread.

SillyCowCorner1

Rohit can't have a spectacular name like Abraham Benjamin.

His (Rohit's) name is the most overused for the hero in every Bollywood movie that was released in the decade, 2000-2009

TheJediBrah

Can't help but wonder that if ABdV stayed playing as an opener that he might have been the one to hit multiple ODI double tons & get 250+ in an ODI

trundler

Pissed me off that he never got a double ton in ODIs or a triple-ton in tests. He had the technique and temperament for it.

TheJediBrah

Pissed me off that he never got a double ton in ODIs or a triple-ton in tests. He had the technique and temperament for it.
Pretty hard to do batting from no. 5, but if anyone could have done it it would be him

Maybe he'll be the first to make a double-ton in T20s given he'll be able to focus on it 100%

trundler

Yeah, he should have batted up the other just to do that once. :laugh: What perplexes me is that he never had a glaring weakness, and he had more gears than any bloke, yet he didn't end up like a modern day ODI Bradman. Maybe that's asking too much but I really wanted him to get a match-winning knock in a WC knockout and a 10,000 runs still. Still the best since Viv.

vcs

Tendulkar > AB in ODIs (longevity and sustained brilliance) and Kohli should overtake him by the time he's done too. Some would argue he's already ahead based on what he's accomplished so far in ODIs.

Bolo

State Captain
Tendulkar > AB in ODIs (longevity and sustained brilliance) and Kohli should overtake him by the time he's done too. Some would argue he's already ahead based on what he's accomplished so far in ODIs.
On sustained brilliance, AB has averaged over 60 with a strike rate well over 100 for a decade. Tendulkar never hit this type of height. Your argument is basically longevity, which is a big factor, but I don't think it it's enough to overrule the fact that AB had a significantly better and also lengthy career.

Kohli has also gone past Tendulkar IMO.