• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Tribute To Adam Gilchrist

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
he has been the greatest batsman by far among wicketkeepers, one of the most exciting lower-middle order batsmen of this generation and probably of all time and a quite competent wicketkeeper as well...rounding off what has been an excellent career after a late start into the international arena...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't anyone could think less of you.
Whatever that means - my guess would be "I don't think anyone could think less of you than me." If not, no - as I say, I couldn't give three flyings what you think of me.
But leaving the obvious aside, everyone who has mentioned my comment has deemed it worthy. Surely there must at least one of them who doesn't think you're a prat and is worthy of an explanation.:laugh:
Yes there is.

:laugh:

But as long as you're involved, I'm not going to bother. The story could be said to be the same for KaZoH0lic too.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It is depressing to see this kind of bickering in a thread that is supposed to be a tribute to one of the greatest players of all time.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It is depressing to see this kind of bickering in a thread that is supposed to be a tribute to one of the greatest players of all time.
I totally agree. Cricket Web as a concept is a very good one allowing people from all the over World to get together to share thoughts, memories and opinions. Unfortunately the Cricket Chat Forum is completely overwhelmed by one egomaniac with limited practical knowledge of the subject matter and no interest at all in any opinion but his own, and these opinions are not shared, they're preached, and in a these are the facts and anyone who disagrees is an idiot style. It should be possible to have an Adam Gilchrist Tribute Thread without having to read for the 50th time how badly Brett Lee bowled in 2002, but it isn't. It should be possible to discuss a great batsman without every innings be derided just because it contained a drop chance, but it isn't. It should be possible to be able to agree to disagree on a subject, but it isn't because of the refusal of one poster to do anything other than drone on and on until the other person gets bored and concedes defeat - not defeat on the point being made but out of sheer boredom. This sort of superiorist attitude is a bad enough trait in someone armed with the appropriate tools, but when it's so badly misplaced it's obviously much worse.
The fact that this individual has been asked in a very constructive manner to change his ways and has paid no heed at all and continues to deny that there's any problem makes it inevitable that so many resort to piss-taking. Of course the constant sniping doesn't help the forum but it's a sad fact that it barely detracts from it either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: I don't know what's funnier, the fact that the above poster claims to be attempting to make some contribution to the wellbeing of a place he's derided several hundred times as the height of irrelevance, and deliberately looked for fights in, or the 3 or 4 factual inaccuracies, or the fact that this latest nonsensical argument was started, as usual, by him.

That said, would be quite happy for GMs to delete all posts from #189 onwards, excluding Colin's three starting with this one, then this and this. The whole of the rest of it can go, IMO. If there are any Mods still bothering with this thread, consider it "motion tabled".

andmark

International Captain
It's a shame that Gilly's career is over. The Aussies had 4 of the best players possibly ever 2 years ago. Now they've only got 1.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: I don't know what's funnier, the fact that the above poster claims to be attempting to make some contribution to the wellbeing of a place he's derided several hundred times as the height of irrelevance, and deliberately looked for fights in, or the 3 or 4 factual inaccuracies, or the fact that this latest nonsensical argument was started, as usual, by him.

That said, would be quite happy for GMs to delete all posts from #189 onwards, excluding Colin's three starting with this one, then this and this. The whole of the rest of it can go, IMO. If there are any Mods still bothering with this thread, consider it "motion tabled".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What's funnier is that since you stated that you can't be bothered with me you've replied to everything I've written.............even that.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a chump.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I said what you say doesn't matter to me, and said by-and-large I won't bother replying. It might matter to a few others, though, and a few people might need to have you put right, so sometimes I'll still feel like replying.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Cut it out, all post OT from now get deleted.

Take the bickering somewhere else.

Edit: Deleted a few posts below, we'll leave the posts above for now, if another mods wants to delete them they can.

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
No real point for me to go on about his clean hitting and his selfless play, I'm sure it's been said many times in the thread already. Apart from his cricketing skills, he just seemed such a likeable person. Has nothing to do with his walking for me, he just comes across as an articulate and friendly guy, who, as Matthew Hayden has been saying lately, was obviously one of those real "glue" guys in the rooms and on the field.

Might sound strange, but I will miss him quite a bit more than McGrath and Warne.