• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A place for Corky?

Who should make way for Corky

• Total voters

Matt79

Global Moderator
Who in the current English normal test XI would it be most appropriate to replace with Dominic Cork?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
More importantly, how good is Peter Noone behind the sticks? Okay he has nice hair, but is that enough in the rough-and-tumble of the modern game?

*pulls whiskers*

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
More importantly, how good is Peter Noone behind the sticks? Okay he has nice hair, but is that enough in the rough-and-tumble of the modern game?

*pulls whiskers*
Something tells me you're into something good with that suggestion.

/I can't believe I just wrote that

Swervy

International Captain
Pedro Delgado said:

*pulls whiskers*
I think my mum used to go out with Peter Noone in the sixties!!!! (before mega stardom ALMOST struck him)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matt79 said:
Who in the current English normal test XI would it be most appropriate to replace with Dominic Cork?
Err, Cork is clearly a better bowler than Harmison.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Err, Cork is clearly a better bowler than Harmison.
:laugh: :laugh:

Both are rather too fond of the short balls, but Harmison bowls them with pace and agression, Cork just bowls them with agression and a snarling face.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, since when has Cork ever been "fond of the short balls"?
Most of the times he's been obviously bowling lots of them it's been down to ill-informed team-plans (most obviously The Oval 2002).
Incidentally - plenty of :laugh:s, but really... were Harmison and Cork's ages to be reversed, I can pretty much assure you you'd all be talking up Cork and down Harmison.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i thought you wouldnt like Cork much Richard as the majority of his wickets come from pretty poor deliveries