• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A four man pace attack could be the answer!

Hoggard

Cricket Spectator
England should go in the first test match against Ozoz with four front line fast bowler in Gough, Jones,Harmison and Hoggard.

Aussie batters weakness against genuine quicks have been exposed (bond/Akhter) and if Bond and Akhter can mesmerize the Australian, then Jones and Harmison can do it even better.On top England has Hoggard, a legend in the making, that can just bounce people out.

I reckon, England will win the Ashes 3-1.What do u guys think?

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Here is another idea, Aussies were even by humbled by Harbajhan, so surely Robert Croft could do even better and totally destroy the aussies ;)

This way England can win 4-0.

Hoggard

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by royGilchrist
Here is another idea, Aussies were even by humbled by Harbajhan, so surely Robert Croft could do even better and totally destroy the aussies ;)

This way England can win 4-0.
Very funny buddy. Yeah Hurb destroyed the Aussies and they are vulnerable against off spin but England doesn't have a decent off spinner and Robert is crap!

But we do have a fearsome pace attack, Waugh will be nervous already:lol:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The difference between Bond and Shoaib, and Harmison and Jones is class. The English bowlers are unproven and will struggle. As for an ENglish series win I can't see it happening yet. maybe next time when some of these new players have more experience.

masterblaster

International Captain
NO, this isnt the answer, England are still gonna get their butts kicked by Australia. Jones, Harmison arent great, because their raw at the moment. Ever seen Ricky Ponting's and Adam Gilchrist's AWESOME Pull shots and Cut Shots, they can literally tear Shaun Pollock and Allan Donald to shreds, who are Jones and Harmison to compare with Pollock and Donald??! Akhtar and Bond have proved time and time again why they are class. Harbhajan also has proved this against Australia, Sri Lanka, England and now West Indies.

Australia 5-0
Possibly a 4-0 or 3-0 due to rain
England do not stand a chance at all

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australian pitches are not ideal for 4 man pace atrack, the best make up here is 3 pace and 1 spin.
Unless you have 4 really good fast bowlers like the windies used to have.
then you could win with 4 fast bowlers in India.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets look at it this way:

What is the likelyhood of Simon Jones going through 8 prelim VB Series matches & consistently taking wickets...anyone want to take a stab in the dark?

Eclipse

International Debutant
Hoggard thats stupid Australian batsman play pace bowling better than any other country in the world have you ever seen Ponting?
He has made a name for himself as probably the best player of pace in the world hes so confident I have seen him bat with out a helmet to bowlers like Donald, Akhter etc and still hook them for six.

other Fallas like Gilchrist, Martyn etc are also terific players of pace so if you think Harmmison and Jones are going to up set them then I cant wait to laugh at you when they get smashed.

Sorry if i got carried away there but if there is one are Australia dont have a weeknes against its pace bowling.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting; Australia falter against two pace bowlers in a few separate incidents, belt the rest and suddenly have a weakness against pace bowling.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
hey hey you're off the target.

You're all supposed to say how the poms are crap bowlers.

hint hint:
Roy: Hey Hog, u dont sound authentic, I smell something fishy?
And nobody's answering this at all...

Hog:
I reckon, England will win the Ashes 3-1.What do u guys think?

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Methinks that with the doubts being raised about the Waughs and the Aussie side in general in the media, they are going to perform even better against England :O

The signs are all there. The whole team has several reasons, even apart from winning test matches for Australia, to try and thrash England.

McGrath: looking to claim the mantle of one of the world's all time great fast bowlers. At present not everyone's ready to acknowledge that.
He's said he wants 500 wickets...
Waughs: they have enough reasons to be motivated now.
Warne: we may see his reemergance as a spin demi-God. (England played no small part in his first acquiring that status.)
Ponting: in line for captaincy.
Brett Lee: plenty to prove. A couple of poor series and we may not see him again.
Martyn: imo he will fancy becoming the next Steve Waugh. He'll be motivated every series.

The Aussies know their team. England don't.
The credentials of each member of the team, and the backups, are very impressive. Can hardly say that of England.

Media pressure, ongoing war of words, the fact that this is the last Ashes under Waugh's captaincy (and Ashes being the Ashes), are going to be motivational factors for a very talented team.

England simply do not have the firepower or the penetration to blitz the Oz armour.

Which is why it will be great to see them beat Australia a couple of times :)
May the best team win.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
England cant win a test unless trescotyhik makes 500 :lol::lol:

i'd like to see the trubanator come to Aus so he could get hit onto the roof of the MCG :lol::lol::lol::lol:

cause the only times he has gotten good wickets is on very turning pitches

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
i'd like to see the trubanator come to Aus so he could get hit onto the roof of the MCG

Need I say that I love seeing your boys in India ... for very good reasons :D

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
hint hint:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roy: Hey Hog, u dont sound authentic, I smell something fishy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And nobody's answering this at all...

Sure, Multiple Personality Disorder....whats ur guess ?

[Edited on 16/10/2002 by Gotchya]

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by full_length
i'd like to see the trubanator come to Aus so he could get hit onto the roof of the MCG

Need I say that I love seeing your boys in India ... for very good reasons :D
...and let me add that we will also see that leg spin "wizard" Warne getting hit onto the roof of the MCG!;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by marc71178
...and let me add that we will also see that leg spin "wizard" Warne getting hit onto the roof of the MCG!;)
If so, I can only see ganguly doing it successfully.
Why not Sehwag or Tendulkar or Yuvraj or....? The point is that I was replying to the assertion that Harb will be treated with utter disdain in Australia. In the first place, that statement is arguable as Harb is a quality spinner and there is no past evidence to suggest that it will be quite as simple as that.

My reply was based on past treatment of Warne by Indian top and middle-order batsmen in both India and Australia. It is a proven fact(which Warne has also admitted) that the Indians play Warne with ease at all times and contemptuous ease on occasions. Any of the top order Indian batsmen are capable of smashing Warne over the fence, so what do you mean by saying only Ganguly can do it?

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by anilramavarma
Why not Sehwag or Tendulkar or Yuvraj or....? The point is that I was replying to the assertion that Harb will be treated with utter disdain in Australia. In the first place, that statement is arguable as Harb is a quality spinner and there is no past evidence to suggest that it will be quite as simple as that.

My reply was based on past treatment of Warne by Indian top and middle-order batsmen in both India and Australia. It is a proven fact(which Warne has also admitted) that the Indians play Warne with ease at all times and contemptuous ease on occasions. Any of the top order Indian batsmen are capable of smashing Warne over the fence, so what do you mean by saying only Ganguly can do it?
Including Vinod Kambli :lol: .....remember how he mauled Warne in Sharjah some seven-eight years back.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by aussie_beater
Originally posted by anilramavarma

Including Vinod Kambli :lol: .....remember how he mauled Warne in Sharjah some seven-eight years back.
In Sharjah, wasn't it Sachin who decimated Warne? Kambli did that in Australia in a one dayer.