• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah Scully isn't even that good at this stage. Well he is good, but he's not going to make a big difference.

Melbourne just have **** house/no leaders. Place has gone to **** and Jack Watts is probably the most disappointing player of the last 20 years.

Spikey

jack watts got 3 brownlow votes the last time essendon-melbourne met. can we do it again

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah Scully isn't even that good at this stage. Well he is good, but he's not going to make a big difference.

Melbourne just have **** house/no leaders. Place has gone to **** and Jack Watts is probably the most disappointing player of the last 20 years.
I wasn't being serious of course.

Watts is definitely one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory. I wonder how much of it has to do with the way the club has been over the last half a decade, like a rudderless ship. You'd have to think if he ended up at a club with a strong locker room and a good culture of coaching he'd have become more than he is now. We have a history of disappointing draft picks, TJ etc.

Hasn't been the best time to be the worst team in the league though, with the way the two new clubs have come in and loaded up on the best players in the draft, AND recruited our best young players on top of it. Can't blame it all on that though. Club has no leadership on or off the field any more.

Spikey

Unbelievably, Essendon are wasting another one of their 4 MCG home games against Melbourne again

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Im afraid Gerard Whateley is coming close to jumping the shark.
I haven't watched 360 yet but why are you saying this? Even when one disagrees with him he's always rational and has a basis for his argument. What has he said to **** you?

benchmark00

I haven't watched 360 yet but why are you saying this? Even when one disagrees with him he's always rational and has a basis for his argument. What has he said to **** you?
Last week he said some half ****ed thing about Micky Arthur, basically pandering to the bogan audience (Robbo his biggest cheerleader) and he also said something which was just totally irrational (which escapes me annoyingly).

Tonight when he was saying Thomas should have suspended (which is fine if he thinks that) he just failed to address the actual rule. He failed to acknowledge the elements of the rule (objective) and he failed to mention that the way Thomas went at the ball (did not leave the ground, didnt not lift elbow etc etc) was not comparable to any incident that has been found guilty of the offence in the past.

Instead he was too busy frothing at the prospect of finding a hobby horse to go on about every week. I can see next week someone getting done by jumping into a player and clashing heads and Gerard saying "THIS IS DISGRACEFUL DOUBLE STANDARDS!"

He's just on the decline and the only thing I can put it down to is hanging around Robbo too much.

benchmark00

I can't believe Ollie Wines has come straight from the TAC cup. Looks like he's played a hundred games in the VFL/WAFL/SANFL

benchmark00

**** sake Paul Roos... Look at the stats, north flogged Collingwood at scores from stoppages. Leaving Swann and Pendlebury had nothing to do with them losing. Not being able to use the ball coming out of defence/going forward lost the game.

Spikey

I can't believe Ollie Wines has come straight from the TAC cup. Looks like he's played a hundred games in the VFL/WAFL/SANFL
on the other hand, look at his face

but yeah Wines, Hartlett, Boak and Wingard is a pretty ***y group if they can stay on the park