• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
To a lesser degree, yeah. But to be fair to Al, it's been at least 18 months since he either crashed a car, sat in on a shooting spree or got into a drunken punch-on.

Wasn't really a knock on Cuz or the Tiges tbh, more just pointing out that its a factor. Same as Vossy drafting older guys with existing injury problems - it's not really that shocking that they end up injured and missing games at their new club.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Means Grima won't be playing again, lame. Tarrant to play in defence as I was saying earlier.

Hoping the Dish gets up. So pumped for this game.

AFL_Fan

Cricket Spectator
Robbie!!!

Means Grima won't be playing again, lame. Tarrant to play in defence as I was saying earlier.

Hoping the Dish gets up. So pumped for this game.
One more week for Grima I would think.

Dish is a big inclusion.

After a week of talking about Michael Barlow’s horrific leg injury, I have spent some time musing on other serious injuries over the years, and have compiled a list of arguably the top 9 gruesome injuries in the AFL. There certainly have been some shockers and life threatening ones.

Pins & Needles - 9 Shocking AFL Injuries | Thebigtip
Agree? Disagree?

benchmark00

Having not seen Neil Sachse's incident, only read and heard accounts of it, I've always rated Jason Snells as the worst injury I've seen on a football field. That moment he tried to stand on it, only for his foot to go 90 degrees was absolutely sickening.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Was Willians breaking down in the press conference? Was listening on the radio but couldn't tell. Had a gun joke about quitting due to illness though.

benchmark00

Port would be crazy to appoint JYD as long term coach.

He's an amazing tactician, a brilliant thinker of the game - however he doesn't have the personality to sell the club to the fans and the sponsors, which is vital for Port being in the financial situation they are. Better off keeping him as a head of football operations or something of that nature.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Port would be crazy to appoint JYD as long term coach.

He's an amazing tactician, a brilliant thinker of the game - however he doesn't have the personality to sell the club to the fans and the sponsors, which is vital for Port being in the financial situation they are. Better off keeping him as a head of football operations or something of that nature.
Saw a poll on Fox Sports with about 65% of people picking him to take over - I put that down to most people just knowing his name and not most of the others.

I think at this stage of the season they should do what Richmond did: appoint a caretaker coach (which Laidley would be alright for if you ask me) while they work on a long-term replacement.

benchmark00

Yeah have no issues with Laidley being coach for the rest of the season. Would probably make the most sense actually. Just would be stupid to appoint him for the long term.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
That's not inconceivable, Adelaide are going ok and West Coast are comfortably the worst team in the league.
Yeah, but 30 points is a big tip.

West Coast might be ****, but the biggest knock on them is the difference between the way they play at home and the way they play away. They challenged Geelong and St Kilda at home in recent times at Subi, and as well as Adelaide are going they're not in the same league as those two - not to mention their history at Subi.

Don't get me wrong, Adelaide just about deserve favouritism but the hype is silly.

benchmark00

Nah, the biggest knock on West Coast is that they have absolutely atrocious skills and have no backline whatsoever aws. Tippett may kick 20.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the biggest knock on West Coast is that they have absolutely atrocious skills and have no backline whatsoever aws. Tippett may kick 20.
The backline is probably one of the only parts of the team doing a reasonable job itbt. Little bit too tall and the blokes in there are young, which is why most people think it's no good, but they've done alright considering.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Typical Port c*** move of Williams to pull the pin the afternoon of a match against us. His knob team are probably going to pull of the miracle win for him now. ****s.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Typical Port c*** move of Williams to pull the pin the afternoon of a match against us. His knob team are probably going to pull of the miracle win for him now. ****s.
Think it's the new coach they play for, so you guys will be alright.