• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did you know that James Brayshaw is on TV stealing your tips?

Just saying, you might want to go **** that **** up and ****.
He rings me up to get my tips most weeks.

Gagging for Petrie to come back ftr.

Gutted for Ricky Petterd hey. Have a reasonable man crush on him. Rate him highly.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
He rings me up to get my tips most weeks.

Gagging for Petrie to come back ftr.

Gutted for Ricky Petterd hey. Have a reasonable man crush on him. Rate him highly.
Old spatula hands? Bit of an unfair nickname to bestow him with, but he did miss the most important grab of his career right in the goalsquare, so I say it sticks.

Who's next in line? Newton or Jack Watts?

Speaking of mancrushes and Petrie though... Petrie :wub: Nothing quite like watching him have a field day like against the Saints last year (both times IIRC).

benchmark00

I used to play a bit of footy with Newton. Don't rate him too highly, but has the biggest leap. Used to sit on a blokes shoulders at least once a game. Hasn't changed either.

Ofcourse they're grooming Watts to be that key forward, but he's definitely a long way off. Jeez impatient Melbourne supporters must be disappointed in him. We've been so spoiled by ready made draftees, then you get a bloke like Watts who's more of a long term project. Is it wise to spend your #1 pick on a project? Well only time will tell...

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I used to play a bit of footy with Newton. Don't rate him too highly, but has the biggest leap. Used to sit on a blokes shoulders at least once a game. Hasn't changed either.

Ofcourse they're grooming Watts to be that key forward, but he's definitely a long way off. Jeez impatient Melbourne supporters must be disappointed in him. We've been so spoiled by ready made draftees, then you get a bloke like Watts who's more of a long term project. Is it wise to spend your #1 pick on a project? Well only time will tell...
Especially when they could have had NicNat

benchmark00

Yeah, I think you do have a sneaky chance... of keeping it within 8 goals
We'll beat you clowns in the centre on the weekend. We just need to be able to get a target up forward and it'll be interesting. I reckon we match up well against Collingwood, especially with Brad Scott coaching.

Fulling expecting you to quote this if we do end up getting smashed ftr.

Matt79

Global Moderator
As I'm sure you'll quote my previous if you pull out a win. I think we'll see some clever coaching by Scott to minimize the beating in the centre, and Wellingham is actually a pretty big out for us given the form he's been in. That said, while I think Scott's going to be an excellent coach, based on how he went at Collingwood, I don't think he's got the cattle to stop us at the moment. If we play anywhere near the intensity we've had the last couple of weeks, we'll be hard to stop.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Simply put, it's the type of game that Collingwood has to win, and hasn't done in previous years, to get themselves firmly entrenched in the Top 4.

Losing games like this have cost themselves any real chance at going to the big one over the past two years.

benchmark00

Watching TFS aws. My love of that Brown and Ling footage when they were hammered knows no bounds.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Haha, all my Demon mates absolutely hate him, think he's bloody useless.

Spewing they got rid of MacDonald, for DT purposes. Was doing well for me, and looked alright every time I saw him play.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Watts ****s me when we could have NicNat galloping around, though I understand that he needs time.

Love Petterd as well, his debut against the Swans will forever remain in my heart.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it true they overlooked Nic Nat because they had Jurrah? And didn't want to take a risk with two players unfamiliar with competition footy?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dogs just get over the line :-O

Dees fans would be shattered, but they're showing a lot. Scully + Trengove = ***y.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally, I think seeing what Scully did in that last quarter is more important than a win.

Hard to take now of course, but still.

Also, what's with the Doggies giving up leads? Brisbane, Saints and now Dees (albeit coming back to win).

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scully. What the crap. If he's getting 39 mostly good possies when he weighs 40kg sopping wet (which he did tonight, incidentally) what is he gonna do after 5 years in the system and with some bulk on him? ****ing hell.

He's already one of the best players in congestion in the league right now if you ask me.