• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Craig

World Traveller
Seemed like Sydney had NFI in final quarter v Brisbane. Likewise, Brisbane couldn't score a goal to save themselves. Should of gotten more then the two that they scored.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hawks are rubbish. Even with their injuries they should be beating Essendon considering their backline woes.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A flag is never a fluke, but it was just a once-off. They haven't even come close to looking like they were in 2008. Maybe for one half in their match vs. Geelong this year, but that's it.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Essendon set a season record for tackles tonight with 107, the first team to crack the century. The next best effort is Collingwood with 94. The Hawks have now lost the tackle count in all six games they've played, which tells you a lot about where they're at.

Matt79

Global Moderator
So 2008 is just a fluke then?
Won 10 matches of footy in a season and a quarter since the 08 GF they were saying this morning on the SFS. I bet Franklin kicked 5 goals or more in each of those wins as well.

Loving Sydney this year. Much like some posters in CC with some players or teams - I'm now enjoying Sydney's success because Craig Hutchence was so strident in saying they had the worst list in the league and would be on the bottom this year. Bradshaw's been great for them - that torp he kicked was massive. McVeigh back in is a massive inclusion for them.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Half time in the delayed tv broadcast, and these guys:

are no longer my favourite Doors/Dawes.

pasag

RTDAS
meh. Get pretty close a few times throughout the day, but they're obviously a class above at the moment. We'll make the 8 this year, the ****s will make the 4 though :(

Matt79

Global Moderator
Some big games next week - none bigger than the Swannehs down at Skilled Stadium. Should be huge.

Craig

World Traveller
Off to the Freo game at the 'Gabba this Saturday night. For the first time in my life I will see Freo fans in human flesh :shock:

Craig

World Traveller
All three of them.

Should also be a very good game.
Every time somebody from WA tells me they follow AFL and then they tell me they support West Coast, do this day I have never met a Fremantle fan. Either they secretly are one and tell me they support West Coast, or they are not sophisticated enough to leave Fremantle.