• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently SportsBet have had a couple of $200,000 bets for Collingwood today.

Could see some tasty odds for St Kilda if any of you ****s are interested.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How epic are the team changes!!!

COLLINGWOOD v ST KILDA
Collingwood
B: Nick Maxwell, Simon Prestigiacomo, Alan Toovey
HB: Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson
HF: Alan Didak, Travis Cloke, Luke Ball
F: Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C: Jarryd Blair, Leigh Brown, Brent Macaffer, Leon Davis
Emg: Tarkyn Lockyer, Tyson Goldsack, Nathan Brown

In: Davis, Prestigiacomo
Out: Tyson Goldsack, Nathan Brown

St Kilda
B: Jason Gram, Zac Dawson, Sam Gilbert
HB: Jason Blake, Sam Fisher, Robert Eddy
C: Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo, Farren Ray
HF: Brett Peake, Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna
F: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Lenny Hayes, Clinton Jones
I/C: Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt, Steven Baker
Emg: Jarryn Geary, Ben McEvoy, Rhys Stanley

In: Baker
Out: Ben McEvoy

pasag

RTDAS
You think that's bad? I put up my Collingwood flag yesterday, and this morning I came out and found the pasty kid from next door, who's some kind of marketing nerd, standing on my lawn in his Craig Bradley pyjamas, clutching his Brycey Gibbs soft toy, pointing at it and making the bushman click/grunt noises he uses. That wasn't great, but what was really heartbreaking was that the poor kid had wet himself.

You think you know your neighbours. :no:
Pissed on your lawn :cool:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Agree with Presti coming in. Facepalm re Davis - hoping it's ducks and drakes and Goldy stays in as a late change.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Baker's inclusion a clear concession that the Saints don't think they're good enough to beat us, so are just planning to try to scrag us and drag the game down to their level. Didak will be black and blue at the end of the game no doubt - but victorious.

So long as someone runs through Milne, preferably someone Travis Cloke size, I'm happy.

pasag

RTDAS
Strange decision, part of Collingwood's success this year has come from being able to make the hard calls. Then again, people do strange things under pressure.

Good to see Collingwood have already lost their first grand final of the week:

Clarke's title dream foiled

Long may it continue.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Baker/McEvoy thing - It's a brave call.

I thought the Saints could really get an advantage in the guts when it was Brown vs McEvoy, but I guess Lyon has opted to break even when Brown goes in there against the Saints second string, and try and negate a Collingwood play maker.

Gotta feel for Benny Mac though. He's a good Murray Bushranger boy, so that always hurts.

Matt79

Global Moderator
The Baker/McEvoy thing - It's a brave call.

I thought the Saints could really get an advantage in the guts when it was Brown vs McEvoy, but I guess Lyon has opted to break even when Brown goes in there against the Saints second string, and try and negate a Collingwood play maker.

Gotta feel for Benny Mac though. He's a good Murray Bushranger boy, so that always hurts.
Still so surreal as a Pies fan going into a big match with the expectation of ruck superiority, or at worst parity.