• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Revisted for interest sake. Red indicates incorrect prediction.

Leading vote getter for each club:

Adelaide: Scott Thompson
Brisbane: Jonathan Brown
Carlton: Chris Judd
Collingwood: Dane Swan
Essendon: Jobe Watson
Fremantle: Michael Barlow Sandilands winner
Geelong: Gary Ablett
Hawthorn: Luke Hodge
Melbourne: Brad Green Davey/Sylvia winner
North Melbourne: Brent Harvey
Port Adelaide: Travis Boak
Richmond: Jack Riewoldt
St. Kilda: Brendon Goddard Hayes winner
Sydney: Adam Goodes
West Coast: Mark LeCras Priddis winner
Western Bulldogs: Brian Lake Boyd winner

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Boyd was always going to poll more than Lake. You suck.

Nah, ftr you could have made quite a bit with those predictions.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jeez I'm struggling with the week so far. Wasn't thus nervous, scratchy and distracted the week before my first child was born. Forget what I said about loving this week, I just want Saturday to get here and be done one way or another - obviously preferably with the one way rather than "another".

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dontcloseyoureyes, this is your final warning. If you do not drive me to Oportos and pay for my upsize I'm going to have to call you a ****.

howardj

International Coach
Jeez I'm struggling with the week so far. Wasn't thus nervous, scratchy and distracted the week before my first child was born. Forget what I said about loving this week, I just want Saturday to get here and be done one way or another - obviously preferably with the one way rather than "another".
You must be confident though.

Pies on fire in the last month.

Matt79

Global Moderator
In a way would prefer to be going in with no-one giving us a shot. Keep having periods where the hope that we'll win is completely overwhelmed by the fear we'll lose. Don't know whether you fully grasp the relationship Collingwood fans have with Grand Finals! :p. 2002 and 2003 I was living in Canberra and hence a bit removed - still cracked the ****s with my boss at work the following Monday in 2002 when she made fun of us. :(.

I'll be fine on Saturday, but it already feels like a long week!

Not the worst problem to have I suppose :D

Matt79

Global Moderator
Poor Saints having to wear a clash jumper. Collingwood entitled to wear it's home jumper under the rules, but the Saints will apparently be getting changed into their proper jumpers before the presentation if they win. As if you can't tell Pies from Saints if they both wore their proper jumper. 8-)

pasag

RTDAS
Poor Saints having to wear a clash jumper. Collingwood entitled to wear it's home jumper under the rules, but the Saints will apparently be getting changed into their proper jumpers before the presentation if they win. As if you can't tell Pies from Saints if they both wore their proper jumper. 8-)
Will be changing into the Collingwood jumper if they win, iirc.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Lot of revisionism goes on about the 2003 GF, the Pies were favourites going in after beating the Lions in the Qualifying Final, only to get bent over. Because of the size of the defeat, people forget that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep Vic I've been pointing that out to people.

Wish I was over 18 back in 03 and could have jumped on the Lions :ph34r: