• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
There were four different charges though tbf. Not the cleanest bloke going around also.
Yeah but even then the length does surprise me a bit. Four smallish incidents isn't as bad as one whopping great smack in the chops, not in my book at least.

But in breaking news: Mike Sheahan likes a football team! Here I was thinking that the old **** hated football in its entirety.

Matt79

Global Moderator
So, getting in before the headline writers of tomorrow, that would be a "Baker's Dozen"???

:tomato:
I'll get my coat.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the actual charge they're giving him re: hitting Johnsons hand? Contrary conduct or something of the sort? Just seems a bit stupid imo, if Johnson was still on the field with an injured hand...that's his fault

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think they've called it "misconduct".

I could see a fine as being appropriate, but not games. Especially considering that he's not in the hands of trainers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did this rule come about after Scott (can't remember which one) bumped Riewoldt after he did his shoulder back in 2005?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't think that there's any particular rule, it's just an interpretation of "misconduct".

If it were applied consistently, Jack Riewoldt should have gotten at least something for punching Tayte Pears' arm the week he returned from a broken arm.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a difference between an injury suffered in the match or beforehand? Reckon you're fair game if you come in under an injury cloud.