• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

ajdude

International Coach
yeah wojack's still around, played in last year's premiership but he's been injured for most of the pre-season

and i'm not sure which commentary team i least hate, dennis/bruce/harley/whoever vs bt/richo/darcy/ling/kirk vs fox footy's finest, bt was really struggling saturday night

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's like a Winderlich. But good.
yeah. but he's like 47yo. and not fletcher. i just thought he quit. seems an injustice that Ottens has quit and he hasn't tbh

Couple of positions up for grabs. Can't split them. Hansen and Grima being out is ghey tstl. Essendon will/should go tall in the forward line.
Surprisingly good injury list for us. Winderlich the only annoying loss. I'm guessing if he were fit we'd be rid of McVeigh. Oh well.

Doubt we'll go that tall. Carlisle could be an option, maybe even as sub, but I'll reckon we'll just go Hurley/Crameri/Resting ruckman. So not that tall.

I look forward to Essendon performing terribly against North again

Ps God, if L. Anthony kills it I'll literally kill cameron white.

Spikey

Really, both commentary teams are a disappointment. Kirk and Ling's interaction was cringeworthy

ajdude

International Coach
and darcy was dull as ever

i suppose dennis and bruce offer the nostalgia value or something but they try too hard these days...i don't mind anthony hudson i guess but dwayne outweighs any good on that team

benchmark00

Hudson is the biggest pole smoker going around.

Kirk wearing those converses and jeans was a genuine wtf moment.

Spikey

darcy has a nice voice for it (compared to Lloyd who has a terrible voice/speaking style for it) but jesus what he says.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, Huddo's alright as a caller.

Pretty happy Ch 10's off my television outside of him though. Christian, Quartermain, Walls, Lane. Bleurgh.

ajdude

International Coach
Obv a Geelong fan.
me or him? both are a yes, but he doesn't sound like a pretentious **** and he's not tony shaw

i personally miss kelli underwood's sweet sweet voice, it just melted in my ears, in all seriousness though it ruined the 09 grand final, i can never watch that again

Last edited:

benchmark00

Can't believe anyone actually likes Hudson. He needs to learn from Bruce and call the game and not try and double up as an expert commentator. He was reasonable on radio when he was with Rex because he knew his role, now he's just an epic punish imo. Channel Ten were all so dire.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think someone from the styling dept needs to have a word with Ling about the Barnet. 'Snot 1994 anymore, fella.

Throwing stones from glass houses as I may be.