• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
good for brisbane tbh. does his best work rucking. aint't as good as L.burger. maybe could have got a better deal in the endbut freo were being ****s

as were we with caddy

howardj

International Coach
Seven Reveals Its List

Draftees/Mature Age Recruits
Brian Taylor (boofhead dinosaur, won't go down well on FTA)
Luke Darcy (no personality, but at least is not afraid to be critical)
Cameron Ling (good bloke)
Brett Kirk (very left field this bloke - will reserve judgement)
Malthouse (has the potential to be insightful, hopefully doesn't ramble like in his pressers)

Retained on List
Leigh Matthews (very good special comments man)
Bruce McAvaney (grates on some, but I like his passion)
Dennis Cometti (the King, I love this man)
Tim Watson (harmless enough)
Matthew Richardson (meehh)
Tom Harley (poor man's Buckley)

Redbacks

International Captain
Will be interesting to see how Ling goes, seems to be good for a laugh on the footy show but who knows when it comes to the more serious stuff.

Malthouse will be a bit like Blight I reckon. Every now and they he will come up with a theory completely from left field and stand by it even though the rest of the panel don't agree and think he is nuts. Winning out in the end because, like Blight, he is a 'master coach'

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Darcy's white bread. I'm assuming that he's going to be doing the play by play, he's been doing a bit on radio IIRC and has expressed a desire to do so before, and BT is the only "commentator" that they've picked up. Hopefully it's not Hamish McLauchlan, he's a knob. Keep him away from my TV.

I don't mind Richo, a bit of a throwback to the nice guy/larrakin on the boundary, a la Dipper.

My issue with Ling is that it's likely that his thoughts on footy will come from a similar perspective to Harley, although with less "business speak" about them. Reckon he would've been a better pick-up on a network without Harley. Really interested to see Kirky go about it, love the man.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gumbleton didn't have any injury concerns, and then did a back. Jake Carlisle did his back, and then has been fairly injury free and has over-taken Gumby. I like the plan. Pick injury plagued players instead of injury free players.