• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th June - Group A - England v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta love Soult being such gun fielders. Don't think I've seen any quicks as good as them in the field.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not too clever by Wood. Surely he should have putting Buttler back in strike.

EDIT
And England pay the price. Not smart at all.

Anyway, we'l have to see how well we n bowl on this track. Is Stokes fit enugh to bowl?

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler showing how good this Eng batting line-up is... great innings from him.

Pity about the last 2 balls.....

91Jmay

International Coach
****e from Wood there, idiotic batting cost us a few runs however we shouldn't really have made 310 from where we were. Boult/Southee really good at the death though.

Good effort, probably only around par so will have to bowl better than they have done. Guptil/Williamson as usual dictate the game from here.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering how many of our batsmen look in great touch (especially nice to have Jos back), it's not really good enough.

Meridio

International Regular
Does us bowling England out have any effect on over rate ban rules?

Not sure why it would since we're about half an hour over but sometimes these things have some strange quirks.

91Jmay

International Coach

Not sure why it would since we're about half an hour over but sometimes these things have some strange quirks.
I think it's when the last over starts isn't it? Or is that just T20?

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
England maybe 20, 25 runs short, considering England's lacklustre bowling and NZ's batting. An early wicket - preferably of Guptill - will be key.

Zinzan

Surely they have to factor that 10 wickets fell. An extra 12-15 minutes than if it the opposition lost 5 wickets.

Meridio

International Regular
Surely they have to factor that 10 wickets fell. An extra 12-15 minutes than if it the opposition lost 5 wickets.
I would've thought the total time allocated to bowl 50 overs would include allowance for all 10 wickets to fall (i.e. assume the last batsman gets out off the last ball).

Zinzan

I would've thought the total time allocated to bowl 50 overs would include allowance for all 10 wickets to fall (i.e. assume the last batsman gets out off the last ball).
Not sure how they interpret it.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, it is going to be touch and go. Was 2 reviews as well, and England may be responsible for some of the delay. I can't really remember. It is pretty shoddy to be that far behind though, especially as innings should have ended when England were 6 down.