• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia aren't winning this at all. The next 6 wickets would have to fall for 50 odd for them to have a slight chance. And then am ATG innings of 150 odd in the 4th innings from Smith.
I mean realistically we're going to need to bat 5 full sessions for the draw. Forget the win.

Spark

Global Moderator
Or give Buttler the gloves and bring in a batsman.
Buttler just seems a flat out better batsman to me. I know Bairstow has played some excellent innings at this level, more than Buttler, and I know that Buttler's FC record is Paine-esque but you just can't keep getting bowled that often and have pretensions of being a Test match top six bat.

ajdude

International Coach
would almost want australia to apply the brakes and delay england declaring for as long as possible to help their chances of a draw. then i remember day 4 at headingley and have a bit of trouble imagining them applying the brakes

Spark

Global Moderator
would almost want australia to apply the brakes and delay england declaring for as long as possible to help their chances of a draw. then i remember day 4 at headingley and have a bit of trouble imagining them applying the brakes
Too much time in the game left for that to work tbh. Just need to get them all out ASAP.