• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I know batting will be his main job in this test but you can see why selectors and coaches persist with people like Marsh even when fans have had enough. I'm not a huge all-rounder personal myself. My favourite England team only had four bowlers and I almost always encourage picking the best six batsman and best four bowlers. But the thing with most all-rounders is that they're only ever a little bit of improvement away from being amazing, and that prospect is very appealing to coaches and selectors.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buttler's improving form over the course of the series is a positive for England. Needs to scrap a 50 here somehow with the lower order.

Daemon

Buttler falls over so much when playing that leg glance. Starc over the wicket swinging it back into him would be interesting.

flibbertyjibber

Letting this clown destroy us is diabolical.

Roll on the end of Bayliss and maybe we will pick a few bats not all rounders.

Jack1

International Debutant
Woakes might have played himself out of long term contention in this series. Assuming Anderson gets back to full fitness.

flibbertyjibber

Buttler's improving form over the course of the series is a positive for England. Needs to scrap a 50 here somehow with the lower order.
No it isn't. He isn't up to it and he may remain in the side because of a few middling scores. Deep joy.

vcs

Marsh has got to be a shoo-in for the ugliest cricketer in the world crown.

hazsa19

International Regular
Just seen the Root dismissal. Right out of the Vaughan manual of looking completely bemused after being bowled by a full straight ball.