• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But that would include many visiting sides batting first and getting spooked out. Based on how the wicket itself played, I think 400 is par. And usually when you win the toss and bat first anywhere in the world, you are kinda expecting to score 400 unless its an absolute greentop or minefield where you still bat first for some reason.
Sure, but it’s a stronger basis in fact than a glib “oh well it’s a 400-450 deck” before both sides have batted. Still should have got more though, for sure. Weird innings - 2/20 odd you take 370. 3/200 you don’t, 5/220 you do, 5/300 odd you don’t.

If it’s of any assistance, Aus has lost once here after posting 330 first dig, and that was the Bodyline test.

Cummins to Gill. Kid doesn’t exactly like getting in line with the ball, does he?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Objectively that's not a bad score. But geez that was a thoroughly underwhelming batting effort there. Ponderous and profligate.
yeah objectively that’s a good score which should be defendable and Aussies haven’t really lost here after making this type of score.

however, to be bowled out by a bunch of net bowlers under 400 is decidedly poor.

And aussies right into it as I type this. They’re really gonna miss Kohli here in this situation.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Cummins is just sooo soooo good. It’s so much fun to watch. Given I don’t even know who this XI is, I’m almost a neutral just enjoying the superb Aussie fast bowling. :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
trauma time

India a/o for <100 in the next session and a half
Aus don't enforce follow on, make us field again, and smash another 400 odd runs at around run a ball. Another one of our bowlers breaks down injured in the process
India end up needing to bat the better part of 2 days to save the test, struggle to survive. One batter gets injured by Aus bowlers, the injured bowler doesn't bat, and we end up 8 down and all out

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Fun contest this, what Test cricket is all about

The stench of rotting bait in here isn't too pleasant, but I have a beer, some good cricket to watch, life should be good