• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Has there ever been any rationale for why they don't?
Not that I'm aware of. Have said it consistently since the beginning of DRS being a thing that umpire's call should start from the outside of the actual stumps, not some line inside them. They changed it for the line calls but not for height for some weird reason.

DriveClub

International Regular
Not that I'm aware of. Have said it consistently since the beginning of DRS being a thing that umpire's call should start from the outside of the actual stumps, not some line inside them. They changed it for the line calls but not for height for some weird reason.
Pretty dumb tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
Paine has to be one of the biggest ball-chasing captains I've ever seen. Never seems ahead of the game field-wise.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I would describe that as absolutely a shot. We'd be hearing a lot if that had been overturned on the basis of no shot offered. He wasn't hiding his bat behind his bat, he pushed at the ball and simply got beaten in flight.

So, you know, we got to the right decision in an incredibly roundabout way.