• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Doubtful, though with only 5 sessions left...may as well have another hit and a slog. Batting last on this wicket would be bad.
Tomorrow's sunny weather forecast suggests that you're right. As long as Monday's rain doesn't arrive early. Even in current form, the game's set up nicely for Warner this afternoon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tomorrow's sunny weather forecast suggests that you're right. As long as Monday's rain doesn't arrive early. Even in current form, the game's set up nicely for Warner this afternoon.
If there’s a 200 odd lead at least he has a bit of a Licence to throw wood which can’t do him any harm

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a good Yorker by Cummins. Feels like the first time he's ever bowled one though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously the bloke has to have one of the highest bowled/lbw percentages going around. York him already.

morgieb

Superb last over. Just wish Cummins had a yorker in his armory.

Lyon's been pretty subpar all Test.

Burgey

I think Lyon’s probably rat arsed tbh. Easy to forget with spinners the amount of overs he’s bowled this series. Basically spends 2/3 of every day bowling from one end.

Not an excuse btw, I agree he’s been poor this test but I suspect fatigue is a small part of it

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Lyon’s probably rat arsed tbh. Easy to forget with spinners the amount of overs he’s bowled this series. Basically spends 2/3 of every day bowling from one end.

Not an excuse btw, I agree he’s been poor this test but I suspect fatigue is a small part of it
Healy thinks he isn't quite completing his action properly. Would explain a bit

vcs

England look hosed here. No chance of them winning this, but if they can prolong the innings for even 10 overs or so after the lunch break, it could go a long way towards helping them save the game.

Burgey

Healy thinks he isn't quite completing his action properly. Would explain a bit
Must say I hadn’t been watching from that perspective but if that’s the case it ought to be easy enough to fix, and you’d hope one of the 842 assistant coaches might have picked up on it for him

vcs

Either way, they'll have to bat 10-12 overs before close of play today I think. So 100 or so overs to survive in the 4th innings. Not very likely to happen.