• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

41st Match - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Would like England to qualify, with all they've done in the last four years would be just sad if they were leapfrogged by Pakistan. At the same time, obviously rooting for NZ. So, err, hoping for a very narrow NZ defeat.

Rashid and Mooen have been pretty good against NZ in the recent past, so the middle order vs those two could be a big factor in this game. But man NZ's batting has to find some form, not going to get beyond the semis the way things stand at the moment.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Would like England to qualify, with all they've done in the last four years would be just sad if they were leapfrogged by Pakistan. At the same time, obviously rooting for NZ. So, err, hoping for a very narrow NZ defeat.
+1.

England deserve to be in the semifinals; they should just about manage to win this game. New Zealand must win this World Cup; so without damaging the Kiwi NRR too much.
My ideal scenario of an England New Zealand final is looking quite likely now.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely supporting our friends from across the ditch in this one. Hope for some more silky smooth Williamson runs

aussie tragic

International Captain
I hate games like this where it doesn't matter to me which team wins. Eng win and they face Ind in SF so 1 of my 2 least liked teams must be knocked out of final. NZ wins and Eng likely out now....no bad result really :)

Oh wait, how about NZ help knock Eng out now, and then beat Ind in SF...

Okay, channeling the ANZAC spirit and now going for the underdog NZ :)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ absolutely need a win to stay mentally in the tournament imo. Don't think we're the sort of side that can brush off a whole lot of losses and then suddenly pull a huge performance out of our arses for a big match, Pakistan-like. But we beat England today, who beat India, who beat Australia, and we're back to looking like we belong in the top 4.

England would still make it if Bangladesh beat Pakistan, which I hope they do as finishing 5th would be a decent reward for Bangladesh's performances this tournament.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't want to play India at Birmingham in the semi. I'm all for a 1 run loss with victory being stolen from us by a colossal umpiring ****-up.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everyone assuming Aus are finishing first and India second. But that could change easily. SA can beat Oz and India should beat SL.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Everyone assuming Aus are finishing first and India second. But that could change easily. SA can beat Oz and India should beat SL.
Just being realistic that Aus will beat SA, if they don't then SA may have the right to handover some of the choke awards to Aus ;)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's the most likely scenario given SA's form, though if SA vs Aus is a wash-out India might yet top the ladder on NRR with a big win over SL.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I really don't want to play India at Birmingham in the semi. I'm all for a 1 run loss with victory being stolen from us by a colossal umpiring ****-up.
Yeah, an actual victory would be great but a moral one will do if we get through.