• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4 Day Tests

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its relevant to the post he's replying to tbf
maybe vaguely

It's definitely relevant to what sunilz (predictably) perceived the post as, ie "someone is comparing Australian player to Indian player and saying they are as good or better, must argue against"

such a stupid thing to argue about too. Who's triple century was in harder conditions? really? why?

If you want to decide which one scored faster just look at their strike-rates ffs, Sehwag's is much better. And Warner has been slower lately.

TheJediBrah

David Warner averages 24 in IND . Is this relevant data or we should consider his average only at Chennai?
That's even less relevant. Of course Sehwag is going to be better in India/at Chennai than Warner is. It's his home conditions.

When sphynx said "Warner’s would of been a run a ball if it was at Chennai" the point wasn't (or shouldn't have been) to take it literally and transplant Warner into Chennai. He's just trying to say that Warner's 300 was in harder conditions (which I don't actually think is true at all).

Was definitely poorly worded by sphynx but a stupid thing to be arguing about

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sehwag's was in response to a mammoth first dig from RSA. So even if all else being equal, he at least had scoreboard pressure on him.

OverratedSanity

I doubt they'll oppose it, they were the ones who got it rolling with that 4 day test against Zimbabwe

Edit: lol yep thought so.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly, I think four day tests will finally kill off test cricket. It will lose its whole appeal to those who prefer the longer format

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I said earlier, those who support mandatory 4 day tests should be thrown into a pit of scorpions. Nothing in this thread has convinced me otherwise. CSA can gagf. They robbed us of boxing day tests against SA as well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Kohli asking some good questions and vehemently opposing this move. It will not take long for them to make it 3 in near future and then probably even to 2 days after several years, thus destroying this beautiful game.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
aye before I get attacked by scorpions, why dont they have 4 day cricket with a reserve day so if both pleb batting sides are actually not dismissed end of day 4, they have a Super Day!!TM 90 overs of Super Cricket!!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
CSA have basically said that SA aren't playing boxing day tests in Australia any more.
Yeah total bunch of ****s. Fancy wanting to play a marque fixture like a boxing day test at home if its during your season.

Here's an idea......you ****ing go there if you want a boxing day test against SA.

Last edited:

morgieb

Yeah total bunch of ****s. Fancy wanting to play at home during your season.

Here's an idea......you ****ing go there if you want a boxing day test against SA.
It's the sort of situation where SA are probably in the right, yet it's still a little disappointing they're doing it for 4 Day Tests and ODI's.

cnerd123

likes this
Honestly, I think four day tests will finally kill off test cricket. It will lose its whole appeal to those who prefer the longer format
eh, this is a bit overboard. It's still 2 innings over 4 days. It will still be the 'longer' format. Heck, it will still be the longest format of professional cricket played.

I don't think it will lose fans, the same way I don't think it will gain new ones. It's just going to be the same people watching it, except now they'll be grumpier because money was prioritized over cricket. Every 4-day draw will now be met by hundreds of people making the same old 'only if they kept it 5 days long' comment.

People will adjust and cricket will still be fun. We'll all just a be a little bit more dead inside.

Bijed

International Regular
I doubt they'll oppose it, they were the ones who got it rolling with that 4 day test against Zimbabwe
Haha, always liked how there was all the discussion at the time about it being a 4-dayer and the whole thing only lasted 150 overs anyway

Anyway, glad to hear that Ashley Giles has come out in support of 5-day tests, no idea if it will make much difference but nice to have someone in a position of influence actually giving their opinion rather than just carefully toeing the ECB line like (for example) Joe Root always seems to