• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

spit

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Great knock but will always be known as Ben Chokes after being smashed in the T20 WC final.

T20s > one man & his dog watching tests

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lmao this is sweet. Your tears are delicious and expose your hypocrisy about the umpiring at Sydney 08. Cry more. **** australia. Jai hind.
**** umpiring is **** umpiring. This is the standard of rubbish you expect from Precam who’s still burning about that very test.

ajdude

International Coach
there's no-one getting more satisfaction from paine's failure than me, but i'm pretty worried there's gonna be some very dire abuse coming his way
yeah he's a person and he doesn't deserve some of the things morgieb has said about him

vcs

Not to take anything away from Stokes, but he genuinely should/could have been out nearly a dozen times in that last partnership. Not even including the lbw and dropped catch(es), he outside/top-edged more shots than he middled.

Not sure how to weight it in regard to Stokes brilliance v Australian **** ups, probably about 50/50
Fortune favours the brave and all that. Yeah a couple of strokes of luck and a few just clearing the straight boundary, but you'd be absolutely churlish to begrudge him that given some of the shots he played under intense pressure.

The switch hit
The straight club for four
The winning boundary
The sweep off Hazlewood
The ramp off Cummins

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I thought this pitch was difficult for left handed bats.

Stokes is just brilliant, top 3 cricketer in the world.

cnerd123

likes this
Fortune favours the brave and all that. Yeah a couple of strokes of luck and a few just clearing the straight boundary, but you'd be absolutely churlish to begrudge him that given some of the shots he played under intense pressure.

The switch hit
The winning boundary
The sweep off Hazlewood
The ramp off Cummins
plus maintaining his composure throughout that innings, farming the strike with Leach brilliantly, running all those hard twos.

Stokes was ****ing immense. Deserved every bit of luck he got. Australia choked and choked hard.

Spikey

fourth test team

warner
usman
labuschagne
smith
head
patterson
paine
cummins
starc
somerville
haze

thoughts

OverratedSanity

**** umpiring is **** umpiring. This is the standard of rubbish you expect from Precam who’s still burning about that very test.
Pshh this coming from the guy who says India's tailenders were the ones at fault and thus India shouldn't cry about it.

Funny stuff. Incredible waahs all round.

vcs

Seeing all these "Uranus likes this" under every post is giving me a childish giggle.

TheJediBrah

I thought this pitch was difficult for left handed bats.
I said this earlier, but if Aus' spinner was a left-armer or leggie (a good one) bowling into that rough Stokes would have had no chance. With Lyon just spinning it away the rough isn't anywhere near as dangerous

vcs

plus maintaining his composure throughout that innings, farming the strike with Leach brilliantly, running all those hard twos.

Stokes was ****ing immense. Deserved every bit of luck he got. Australia choked and choked hard.
Absolutely. Guy is a colossus.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tim Paine actually always talks so well. Seems a ripper of a bloke, someone who id definitely buy an extra set of inners from at the kookaburra store.

Burgey

The switch hit
The winning boundary
The sweep off Hazlewood
The ramp off Cummins
Yeah I think it’s the best knock I’ve seen. Was superb. Just a freak performance from a top class cricketer .